Saturday, December 22, 2018

Friday, December 21, 2018


I slept pretty well only getting up once during the night.
I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym.  I completed most of my exercises.  My hamstrings are feeling much better; I think the extra rest probably helped a lot.  I left the gym about 11:15.

After lunch we left the apt about 1:15 for Teresa’s 2:40 appointment with the oncologist.  We were finally taken at 3:20.  
What I understood is: Teresa’s doing well, no signs of infection, she still needs to keep the catheter in, her cancer was stage 1, no sign of cancer in her lymph nodes, we have to return next Thursday so the doctor can check her drainage and we’ll know more about whether she needs chemo or radiation therapy when some tests (marker?) come back around January 15.

We had something to eat at J & C Delicias.  Surprise, we had about 20 minutes of rain which temporarily cooled things off considerably.

There was a long line waiting for taxis.  In line was the mayor of Medellin (you’d think he’d have a car) and a few people had their photos taken with him.  An hour and 5 minutes later it was our turn and we took a taxi back to the apt through heavy traffic.

Some apartment nearby is playing music loud enough for everyone to hear.  Imagine if every apt did that, especially if it was not synchronized.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document available for pickup.  I’ll probably pick it up tomorrow if I can get there early as I’m meeting Chuck for lunch at 12:30.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see They Shall Not Grow Old (8.6) and Teresa will probably want to see Second Act (5.8) starring Jennifer Lopez.

Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Teresa says she’s going to Santafe mall with her mother tomorrow.

I watched the middle 45-minutes of 40-Year Old Virgin on Direct TV before going to bed at 10:45.

Joke of the day
True Story: Winston Churchill rescued the honor of the Allies at a meeting with Stalin in Teheran.
Stalin wanted to throw a psychological scare into the Americans, so he said to Roosevelt in private, “Our greatest need to keep the morale of our fighting men high is rubbers.  We just don’t have any.”
Roosevelt told him “We’ll send you five hundred thousand.  What size?”
Without blinking, Stalin said, “Sixteen inches long.  Our standard size.”
Roosevelt confided that night to Churchill that Stalin was throwin’ darts, but good old Churchill never blinked an eye.
“Make ‘em up and send ‘em.  But stamp each one, in English and Russian, Texas medium.”

No comments:

Post a Comment