Monday, December 24, 2018

Sunday, December 23, 2018


Last night as I climbed into bed I heard a lot of shouting outside.  It sounded far away so it must have been quite loud.  I was about to give up getting to sleep and get up and read a bit but I guess I finally fell asleep.

I had a typical night’s sleep finally getting up at 8am.

Strangely, Teresa hadn’t gotten up yet.  She almost always gets up before me.

I had a bowl of granola and left the apt just after 9am with Laura.  She showed me where she catches the bus to the Ayurá metro station and it arrived only 5 minutes later.

I went for a Ciclovia walk.  Today I crossed to the other side of Avenida Poblado and walked east a bit.  My highlights for today were: I met a man who has visited Chicago and I saw a red squirrel.

When I returned to the apt Teresa was up and told me she had an awful night.  She couldn’t fall asleep because of the noise so she got up and took one of the sleeping pills the doctor prescribed for her.  Finally she started nodding off and she went to bed.

If the Cardinals beat the Rams today (not bloody likely) that would give the Bears (assuming they win their last 2 regular season games) the #2 seed in the NFC.

I watched NFL Redzone on Direct TV until the Bears game started at 4pm.

The Rams defeated the Cardinals 31-9.

The Bears outlasted the 49ers 14-9.

The Steelers came “this close” to beating the Saints but they lost, leaving the Bears with the 3rd seed in the NFC.

Teresa ordered chicken wings from a place in Envigado called GO Wings.  For 52mil ($17) we got 30 BBQ chicken wings (delicious), a large package of fries and a 1.5 liter bottle of Coke – delivered.

Just before going to bed I read that the Bears vs Vikings game next Sunday has been flexed to the afternoon, about 4:25.  That’s better for me as I can have lunch about 1pm and then consume the last of my peanuts starting at 4:25.

Joke of the day
My grandmother died in 1975, but her birthday is coming up, and that always causes me to reminisce. The long walks we used to take to the store on Brunswick Street, the quarters she gave me for meaningless jobs like pulling weeds or washing the sidewalk... Those gems were all good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grandmotherly advice, occurred when I was only about 10.
We were sitting in a park having just finished collecting some 40 soda bottles for the deposit money on a beautiful spring day. She told me that one day, I would find a wonderful woman and start my own family.
"And remember always this thing," she said. "Be sure you marry a woman with small hands."
"How come, Grandma?" I asked her.   She answered in her soft voice…
"Makes your dick look bigger."

No comments:

Post a Comment