Monday, December 3, 2018

Sunday, December 2, 2018


I got up twice during the night finally getting up at 7:15.

Laura left for work at 8:30.  I understand she will be back early today like 4pm.  I told her I would try to get 2 tickets to Bohemian Rhapsody for tonight.

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:15 and took a taxi to Euro in Mayorista.  We had nearly filled the cart with groceries when Teresa proclaimed that the lines were too long to get meat from the butcher.  I told her it’s best if in the future we don’t come on the weekend.  (Then again maybe I should have grabbed a number as soon as we walked in the door.)

We quickly had our groceries loaded into an effectivo car and were back at the apt by 11:45 for 10mil.

I tried to buy online tickets to Bohemian Rhapsody for tonight but now I can’t figure out how I bought tickets last time.

I ate 1/2# of peanuts and drank a 600ml bottle of Coke while watching my Chicago Bears lose to the New York Giants in overtime.  I hope we’ll have our starting QB back next week against the LA Rams.  Now if only the Patriots can beat the Vikings today we’ll have some breathing room.

I love that Chantix commercial starring Ray Liotta.  “I only quit smoking thanks to Chantix.”  Of course, per the small print, it also can cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation or diarrhea, gas, indigestion, dry mouth, altered taste buds, changes in appetite, vivid and unusual dreams, sleepiness, trouble sleeping or other sleep disorders, and problems breathing.  Nothing to worry about.  Nothing to see here, move on.  Lol.

I again tried unsuccessfully to buy tickets by going directly to www.CineColombia.com.  Only after I googled Cine Colombia was I able to get to a screen that allowed me to buy tickets.  Not sure what the difference is.  Unfortunately there were only 4 seats available and they weren’t anywhere near each other.  I texted Laura as to what to do and she said to wait until another day.

Teresa reminded me that I still owe 700mil for the drapes.  Drat!  When it rains it pours.  Isn’t that the saying?

At 5:30 Teresa sent me to the pharmacy for some medicine – probably for her cold.  I went to the closest pharmacy which is in Consumo MerkePaisa which is about a 10 minute walk.  The pharmacist had both items for a total of 13mil.

When I got back to the apt at 6pm Laura was already there and I showed her the available seats.  She again said to wait.  Only problem is this movie may not be around much longer.

The Green Bay Packers lost today to the lowly Arizona Cardinals.  Yay!  Breaking News: Mike McCarthy was fired as coach of the Packers.

The Patriots beat the Vikings 24-10.  That puts the Bears back to a 1 ½ game lead in the NFC North division.  But we have to play the 11-1 L.A. Rams next Sunday night and the Vikings in the last game of the season.

About 10:30 I put on the Chargers Steelers game and the Steelers were well ahead 23-7.  I kept the game on while reading my paperback and within a few minutes the Chargers scored 2 touchdowns and 2 2-point conversions to tie it at 23-23.  It was then about 11pm and I went to bed.

Joke of the day
I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now.


No comments:

Post a Comment