Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Tuesday, December 11, 2018


I woke up for the 2nd time at 6am with a headache so I went to the kitchen to take an Excedrin.  Teresa was still there but about to leave for Cedimed for another blood draw.

I took my Excedrin and returned to bed.  I got up 90 minutes later and called Teresa to see where she was.  I suggested we meet for breakfast at Carbon de Leña after she was finished at nueva eps but she said she just had coffee and a pastry and I should just go on without her.

I walked to Carbon de Leña where I had my usual breakfast.  I stopped at an ATM for cash and then went to Bancolombia where, after a 30 minute wait, I paid the quarterly city tax for the finca.  Nearby at Claro I paid Teresa’s cellphone bill for the month.  In Exito I couldn’t find, even with help from a sales clerk, a refill bottle of our hand soap.  Maybe the larger Exito in Viva Envigado will have it.  I stopped at the bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks.

I returned to the apt just in time for the 10am start of the Today show.

Teresa told me the doctor says she will need chemotherapy every 20 days for 6 months and yes she will lose her hair and have issues with vomiting.  Yikes!

Teresa informed me that she has an appointment at 12:30 tomorrow at Clinica Las Americas in Belen.  But before that she has to make other trips to Cedimed and nueve eps.

I left the apt about 1:30 and walked to the mall.

I waited for an elevator but the first one going up was full.  It must have filled up from the garage.  By the time the second one came a young girl was also waiting with her boxer (a dog).  I got on and I was a little surprised that the girl got on with the dog also, filling the elevator.  The dog was very friendly and loved the attention everyone was giving him.  I petted him and he licked my hand all over.  I said “I think I’m going to need to wash my hands”.  In English the girl said “I think he likes you.”  I said he’s very friendly and she asked me if I want to take him home with me.  I said no thank you.

She got off on the 3rd floor and I went on up to the 4th.  When I got off I realized I should have gotten off on the 3rd as that is where the restaurants are.

I walked to Sport Wings and they were playing last night’s Seahawks vs Vikings game.  I sat down, a waiter handed me the menu and immediately they changed the TV to a soccer game.  Darn!

I had a cheesesteak sandwich and Coke for 28,844 and took my time reading some from my Nook book.

I went downstairs to Habia Una Vez where I had a slice of carrot cake and a café con leche for 9,700 pesos (about $3).

I stopped at Exito and bought a bottle of liquid hand soap although they didn’t have the larger refill bottles.

My brother used World Remit to send me $50 for us to have a nice dinner before Teresa’s surgery and to test picking up cash from a new location called Super Giros.

Laura returned at 9:30.

Joke of the day
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas,
    You are so interesting! I don't believe I've truly read through anything like that before. So wonderful to discover another person with a few unique thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality! If you want to read welcome speech for christmas program at church you have to see the link
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one's forcing you to read it. Adios pues!

    ReplyDelete