Saturday, December 8, 2018

Friday, December 7, 2018


Today is Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day!

Here it is Dia de la Velitas (Day of the Candles) when people place paper lanterns and candles on porches, balconies, streets, and sidewallks to honor the Virgin Mary and the Immaculate Conception.

I got up once during the night, a second time at 7am as Teresa was finishing getting ready to leave.  I finally got up at 8:30.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.
Locally, Bohemian Rhapsody (8.4) is still playing at Viva Envigado at 3pm, 6:15, and 9:15.  Other movies I don’t have much interest in.
I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left the apt at 10:30.  I walked downtown Envigado where I paid this month’s wifi bill, added 20mil to my cellphone, printed a Betty Crocker recipe for oatmeal cookies in Spanish and English, and bought a package of “immodium” and a sheet of vitamin C with zinc.


I walked down the hill to the mall but again couldn’t get wifi at Habia Una Vez so I went to Starbucks.  I checked my cellphone for a few minutes then returned to Habia Una Vez where I had a café con leche while reading a few more chapters of my paparback.
I called Teresa about 11:30 and learned she was back in the apt so I paid the 3,600 pesos for my café con leche and left.

Teresa told me she went from Itagui to downtown Medellin to Poblado.  I understand nueva eps doesn’t want to give her some test so she spoke to a lawyer and she said to try again Monday and if they still deny here the lawyer will speak to the Superintendent of Health.

Teresa also informed me that her surgery has been moved from this Monday at 2:30pm to next Saturday at 7am.  (Which supports my theory that doctors prefer performing surgery in the morning.)

About 7pm Teresa said something about having pizza in La Buena Mesa but she didn’t know where.  I searched my blog and found that it’s called Olivia.  I googled it and found their telephone number.  Teresa called and ordered a pepperoni pizza.  I understood that they would put it in the oven as soon as I arrived.  I walked over to Olivia’s and it was ready and waiting for me.  It was 6 portions for 24,900 pesos ($8).  Interestingly here their sizes go by portions where in Chicago we go by inches in diameter.  I never understood their approach because I could cut a 12”, 16” or 24” pizza into 6 slices.

I met Laura in the elevator as I was returning with the pizza.  Teresa had a bite and Laura and I easily finished the rest of the pizza.

I bought 3 tickets online to Bohemian Rhapsody for tomorrow at 3pm.

About 9pm 2 boys knocked on our door.  All I understood was “sell” and “sodas”.  Teresa said no thank you and closed the door.
Immediately she told me to get dressed because we’re going by the pool.

Then she changed her mind, she ripped off the cover of the pizza box, we put it on the balcony ledge and lit candles and put them on it.

A number of people were across the street doing the same thing at street level.  I think the same thing was happening by our pool as I could hear them but not see them.

There were some firecrackers going off during the night but luckily they stopped soon after we went to bed at 11pm.

Joke of the day
I didn't make it to the gym today.  That makes five years in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment