Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Monday, December 17, 2018


I got up once during the night but purposely did not look at my watch so I wouldn’t be thinking about how long I had slept or when I needed to get up.

I woke/got up at 7am.

I had a quick cereal breakfast and left the apt at 8am.

In the taxi, on Avenida Las Vegas I noticed a lot of people walking towards the road after cutting through what looked like an industrial parking lot.  I asked the taxi driver if Ayura station was close by and he pointed their way.  The apt might be closer to Ayura station than Envigado station.

I arrived at Immigration by 8:30.

After a short wait I received me new 3-year Cedula.

Walking back to Avenida 80 I noticed that InterCol now has 2 offices – or at least 2 signs – in the area.

For the first time the taxi driver took back roads through Itagui – I’m guessing there was some problem on the express way.

At one point he said something about us approaching a popular area because of chicas – girls.  A few more blocks and we crawled in traffic down a block filled with 24-hour bars and  girls hanging out in the doorways – at 9am in the morning!  I think this might be their red light district.  A block further and I was surprised to see the main entrance to Mayorista.

I noticed there is now a park area behind the library that is open but the school construction goes on.

I got out at Parque Envigado and walked 2 blocks to Financiera Pagos.  There was no line and the guard motioned me inside.
It only took 5-10 minutes for me to receive the cash.

I then walked up to Todo Drogas where I picked up another item for Teresa – a skin cream – that she forgot to give me yesterday.

I went to the bakery where I had a café con leche.

I walked back to the apt and took a nap from 10:45 to 11:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left the apt with Laura at 1:30.

We walked to Parque Envigado where we had lunch at the relatively new Italian restaurant Vizzto.  It was good but they still need a lesson in making garlic bread.

Chuck soon joined us, even though he had already eaten and he even picked up the check.

We then went across the street where I bought Laura a yogurt ice cream cone and we all sat at the bakery where I had a café con leche with a churro and Chuck had a tinto with a coconut cookie.  And he picked up the check again!

His friend Mark soon joined us and regaled us with stories about his pursuit of local chicks.  He mentioned giving some girl 50mil and I said that must have made her day.  He said that’s only about $17 and I said a lot of people only make like 100mil a week.  I then asked Laura what she makes and she said 150,000 to 200,000 every 2 weeks.  Mark was incredulous!

Laura and I left and stopped at La Vaquita where she used Teresa’s shopping list to pick up vegetables and meat.

We took a taxi back to the apt.

About 6pm Laura said she’s going to the mall and did I want to go with her.  Finally I relented and we walked to Viva Envigado.  She made a payment at Brahma on her winter coat and we spent some time going through a sports store named Decathlon where we found a warmer coat for her but it was a men’s small and was a little big on her.

We went to Habia Una Vez where I had a café con leche and she had a cappucino with a pastel de pollo (chicken pastry).  She left for the gym (Parque Envigado location) and I stayed for awhile reading articles on my cellphone.

I walked back to the apt.  I’m a little interested in tonight’s game because if the Panthers (or any other team in the next couple weeks) beat the Saints it will help the Bears playoff picture.

Joke of the day
A doctor said to his patient, “The best thing you can do is give up smoking, stop drinking, and cut down on your sex life.”
The patient said, “I don’t deserve the best.  What’s the second best?”

No comments:

Post a Comment