Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Tuesday, December 25, 2018


Merry Christmas!

Last night I went to bed at 11:15 and thankfully fell asleep quickly.  But I woke up at 4:15 and then I heard firecrackers EVERY minute until 5:30.  I finally fell asleep and woke up at 6:30.  I got up at 9am and I had no hot water in the shower.  I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and soon went back to bed.  I got up at noon and took a warm shower.  (Yeah I realize my timing is off but I was in and out of bed all morning.)

Btw, when I got up at 9am Laura was just going to bed.

I played some Christmas Carols I have on iTunes.

About 6pm Teresa informs me that she and Laura are going to Zara in Santafe mall to look for a blouse she can wear to her doctor’s appointment on Thursday.

I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided to go with them.  I changed clothes and while waiting for them Teresa starts wondering out loud if Zara is even open.  I said, well it is Christmas Day.

I turned my laptop back on and googled “Zara Santafe Medellin” and it gave me their regular hours but it also said “Christmas Day hours may differ”.  A lot of help that was.

They decided not to go to Santafe after all.

Well, I’m dressed so let’s go somewhere.  I suggested frozen yogurt at Percimon.  Teresa just wanted something small like empanadas but Laura didn’t want to walk 20 minutes to downtown Envigado to get them. They mentioned Otra Parte but I couldn’t imagine it being open but suggested we walk there as it’s only 5 minutes away and if it’s closed we just make a loop to La Buena Mesa and see what restaurants, if any, are open.

After they couldn’t make a decision, I said to Laura “let’s go to Percimon”.  If Teresa wants to go with us she’ll join us.
Finally, we all left about 7pm and we walked up to La Buena Mesa.  It looked like all the restaurants were closed but up ahead we saw lights near the corner where Percimon is located.  It turned out it was open and also one lone restaurant – Barbacoa.  It was pretty busy but we got one of the last tables in the back.  As we sat down I heard Queen’s Someone to Love.  Laura and I ordered burgers, fries and Cokes and Teresa some type of chicken.  Laura also ordered an appetizer of onion rings to share.

I looked at the wall next to us and saw a Queen Live Magic poster.  Later we heard Queen’s song Under Pressure.

The total bill with tip was 105,982 or about $32.

Back at the apt I connected my laptop to the TV and we all watched Netflix’s new movie Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock.

Joke of the day
I rear ended a car this morning...the driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT happy!"
So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
That's when the fight started.

No comments:

Post a Comment