Saturday, December 29, 2018

Friday, December 28, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, again about 6:15, finally getting up at 7:30.

I had just started watching the Today show when Teresa asked me to put on my headphones.  I asked “why?” thinking she was listening to Youtube videos on her cellphone.  She said because she’s got a pain.  I asked her “where’s your pain?” thinking she would say she has a headache.  She said in her breast.  I started laughing, “you have a pain in your breast because the TV volume is too loud?” and she and Laura started laughing also.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see On the Basis of Sex (5.1) and Stan & Ollie (7.2).

Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see but coming soon is Papillon (7.1) and Jennifer Lopez in Second Act (5.9).

We left the apt at 1:30 for Teresa’s 2:30 appointment with Dr. Raul Marques, the plastic surgeon.  We were in the waiting room by 1:45 and in his office at 2:30.

He gave her a physical inspection and reported that everything looks good.  Teresa told me later that he said if she had waited 2 years without treatment she would be dead.  Our next appointment is January 11th at 2pm.

We took a taxi to Santafe mall.  Teresa checked out Zara but soon returned and informed me that everything is black, and ugly.

We went upstairs to J&C Delicious for a late lunch.  I had my usual pasta and she her usual surf & turf.  At the next table were seated about a dozen adults and kids and the young boy closest to us had on a t-shirt with “Chicago” on the front.  Later on the back I saw “Navy Pier”.  The total with juices, tip and tax was 58,126 ($17.50).

We went down a couple levels where next to Starbucks we found some couches and we crashed for about an hour.

We went into Falabella where Teresa bought some Estee Lauder skin cleaner for 120,900 ($36.75).

Downstairs, after a short wait, we caught a taxi back to the apt.
I watched pieces of a couple movies on Direct TV.

Laura returned at 9pm and proclaimed she’s starving.  I had recently had a bowl of cereal to tide me over until tomorrow but I went with her to La Buena Mesa.  Most of the restaurants were full but at the Peruvian restaurant she ordered something to go.  There were a few gringos sitting at a nearby table so I went over and asked one of them how his steak was.  He said it was very good but didn’t continue the conversation so I left and we sat down to wait for Laura’s order.

Back at the apt she finished it and said it was delicious.

Joke of the day
In a small town, an elderly couple had been dating each other for a long time. At the urging of their friends, they decided it was finally time for marriage. Before the wedding, they went out to dinner and had a long conversation regarding how their marriage might work. They discussed finances, living arrangements and so on. Finally, the old gentleman decided it was time to broach the subject of their physical relationship. "How do you feel about sex?" he asked, rather trustingly.
 "Well," she said, responding very carefully, "I'd have to say... I would like it infrequently."

The old gentleman sat quietly for a moment, then over his glasses he looked her in the eye and casually asked...  "Is that one word or two?”

No comments:

Post a Comment