Sunday, December 16, 2018

Saturday, December 15, 2018


I woke up at 3:30, couldn’t fall back asleep and got up at 4:30.

We left the apt at 5am.  In the taxi ride Teresa soon realized that she had forgotten her cellphone.  Just before we arrived at Las Americas I realized I had forgotten my tech bag with my umbrella, sunglasses and Nook inside.  We arrived at 5:20 and the clinic was still closed with a couple of ladies waiting outside to get in.  Teresa got out and I returned to the apt and while the taxi driver waited for me at the apt I picked up the missing items plus my jacket.

I was back by 5:45am.  We went first to the basement and sat outside a room with the name Medicina Nuclear.  Esmeralda soon joined us.  Teresa finally talked to someone and then we went up to the 2nd floor where we sat down in a waiting room.  She was finally called at 7:40 and according to an electric board I believe her surgery started about 8:15.

I was going to immigration to pick up my Cedula but luckily I remembered they are closed on Saturdays.

Esmeralda checked and I believe the clinics visiting hours are 9am to 8pm.

The doctor called at 11:15 and reported that they are almost finished and they will move her to a recovery room for a couple hours.

Esmeralda and I had lunch in the hospital cafeteria.

Esmeralda got a call from someone and we went to the cashier where I got a 296mil refund off the cost of the anesthesia.  That was nice!

When we got to Teresa’s private room at 1pm she was sitting up in bed and reported she felt great with no pain.  Incredible!  She did look a little pale and sounded a little hoarse from the anesthesia.  Even with a catheter (I think that’s what it’s called) she soon was sitting up on the side of the bed.

I took a nap on her couch from 1:30 to 2:30.

When I woke up she had eaten lunch and she had a visitor - a friend named Dora.  Later another lady named Cecelia arrived; I understand Teresa knows her from the gym.  Cecelia is going to sleep on the couch tonight.

I left at 6:15 and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I texted Laura and asked her if she wanted to go somewhere to eat.  She finally answered and we met outside Percimon at 9pm.  We had a Mexican dinner at Tepito for 59,400 ($20).

On the way back to the apt we stopped at Exito for milk but it was closed temporarily as they were switching cashiers; so much for being open 24 hours.

I watched some NFL Saturday Night Football – for some reason that doesn’t sound right.  Anyway the Cleveland Browns beat the Denver Broncos 17-16.

Joke of the day
You know the joke about the nurse that gets everything wrong?
A doctor is complaining that he told her to give the patient in Room 4 three pills, and she gave the patient in Room 3 four pills, and just as he’s talking about her, he sees her chasing a naked patient down the hall, holding a pan of boiling water.
The doctor says, “Look at that! I told her to prick his boil!”

No comments:

Post a Comment