Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Monday, December 24, 2018


Last night I went to bed just before 11pm.  I heard fireworks for about 5 minutes then quickly fell asleep.  I woke up about 5:30 from more fireworks, repeated again at 6:30 with the additional sound of truck brakes – probably backing in next door at Exito.  I finally woke up at 8:15 recalling a crazy dream, a twist on my usual university dream:
First, I left work early but only remember asking myself if “he” remembered to pay for our coffee.  Then I’m in a dorm room with a post with padlocks on it and I’m trying to match a number I have to one of the padlocks but I don’t find a match.  I walk down the hall and enter the last room.  I sit down next to some guys and I start telling them about my typical univ dream.  (So this is a dream within a dream?)  I ask them what school this is and I’m told the Universtity of Northern Virginia.  I look around and find my shoes and socks.  Then I’m in a car with them – several guys.  I’m thinking I need to start heading back home.  They pull up to a house and I count about a dozen girls inside I can see through the picture window.  Next thing I know we’re inside and one of the guys presents an “art sculpture” made from chocolate donuts.  Then I wake up.  Weird, huh?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt with Laura.  She went a block away to catch her bus and I walked to the mall. 

I was switching machines when a ---- walked in front of me.  What was that?  I have no idea if it was a man for a woman.  I am clueless as to which pronoun to use – he or she, thus “----“.   ---- had large muscles like a man that no woman could get without taking steroids, but ---- had a short black haircut, earrings, lipstick and most importantly boobs.  Is this a person in transition?  If so, which direction is ---- going?

At one point I noticed a man with tattoos that were nothing but a single dark line running up the back of his arms and the outside of his legs.  What is that about?

My fat fingers brought up the local forecast on my cellphone and if it’s correct we will have a high of 82 tomorrow – another non-white Christmas.  Sigh!

I was on the treadmill when I decided to try running without holding onto the supports.  Then I wondered if I could continue running while looking up at the TV and I did.  Then I wondered if I could run with my eyes closed and I soon activated the emergency stop because I was running too slow.  Lol.

According to my app Cine Colombia is closed today but open Christmas!  Interesting.

After a late lunch I left the apt at 3pm, walked to the corner and soon was on a Metro bus.  At Ayura station as I was walking deeper into the station a train arrived.  I got off at Aguacatala station and incredibly it was only 3:10.  Across the street I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus and got off at Avenida 80 and Avenida 70.

I walked across the street to Pricesmart.  I picked up the almond milk Teresa wanted and a package of walnuts that I wanted.  They didn’t have carrot cake, English muffins or the apple pastry that Teresa likes so I bought a package of Biscotti cookies.

Downstairs I had to wait about 15 minutes in a short line for a taxi.  When I got in the driver had the A/C on and I said in English, “Air conditioning, I feel like a king” and he laughed.

I was back at the apt by 4:15 for 12,000 pesos.

Teresa asked me to go to Aymará for a few pastries but changed her mind when she saw the Biscotti cookies.  I went out for coffee anyway in La Buena Mesa.  The first café was already closed, the 2nd was too busy but the 3rd, Cocolatte, was open – they said for another 30 minutes.  I ordered a small Cappuccino and soon I heard Queen’s I Want to Break Free on their radio.  I noticed a portion of carrot cake in their display case so I ordered 3 slices to go.  
Including the coffee and tip the total came to 28,100 pesos ($9.25).

I was back at the apt by 5:15 where I found Teresa taking a nap.

If I understand correctly, for the Bears not to have to play the Minnesota Vikings twice in a row they have to beat them on Sunday and hope the Eagles also win.

A couple times in the evening someone set off some serious professional fireworks.

I finally went to bed at 11:15.

Joke of the day
I just read an article on the dangers of drinking....          
Scared the shit out of me!     
So that's it!
After today, no more reading.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up on your blog all the way back from the beginning. Now I don't know what to do lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it again! Email me all my misspellings and punctuation errors! LOL.

    ReplyDelete