Friday, December 21, 2018

Thursday, December 20, 2018


Last night I fell asleep rather quickly, got up once during the night, again at 7:15, finally getting up at 7:45.

Teresa asked me to drop off the latest utility bill at the RE agency and she gave me 7mil which I understand is the additional utility payment for our last apt.

I left the apt at 9:30 and dropped off the bill and 7mil with Lani.  At the mall I had a cafĂ© con leche at Habia Una Vez.  I think the waitress remembered me from prior visits so she gave me 1 artificial sweetener instead of real sugar.  (Usually they give you at least 1 of each.)  I went to the cashier and got it exchanged.  (In Colombia you usually get immediate service when you arrive and then after they bring your order you seldom see the waiter again unless you track them down.)

I bought a pastel de arequipe to go that Teresa had asked for.

I went next door to Exito, found a small basket and as soon as I put a head of lettuce in it I remember I didn’t have enough cash.  Yes, I had my debit card with me but I wanted to get cash anyway.  I found the right ATM but after 2 tries it still told me it didn’t have enough cash.  I went back inside the mall and upstairs to the banking area where I soon withdrew the 780mil that I wanted.
Back in Exito I picked up a head of lettuce, a package of napkins, a bottle of PAM, and a package of granola.  After I completed my purchase the bagger said “Merry Christmas” in English.

Back at the apt complex the guard gave me 80mil for December’s parking rental.  The elevator arrived and a man and his son, dressed for going to or from the pool, just stood there.  I asked if they were going down and he said yes.  I said I think this is the last floor (basement level 1).  I asked if he wanted primer piso (1st floor) and he switched to English.  Something about they are from England and are returning in January or vice versa.

Wow, I see Bohemian Rhapsody is still playing at local theaters.
Teresa tells me she talked to someone from Clinica Las Americas and I owe them another 541,132 pesos.  She says she’s going to talk to the doctor first.  (We do have an appointment for tomorrow.) 
 She also said something about me going with Esmeralda because I wouldn’t understand anything.  To be continued…

Chuck called me.  He finally got his iPhone fixed at Monterrey.  His friend returned to the US and his wife Darnelly flew to Cali to spend Christmas with her family.  I told him I might be able to meet him on Saturday.

Teresa seems to be enthralled with Queen and Freddy Mercury’s music.  She’s been listening to a lot of his Youtube recordings.  I told her that Bohemian Rhapsody is still playing in Medellin and she said she wants to see it again.

We were watching the Yo Me Llamo TV show and one of the contestants pretended to be Freddy Mercury and he played Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.  It was nice to hear the music but he didn’t do that great of a job immitating Freddy Mercury.

Joke of the day
An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini, Italy, went to the local church for confession in 1960.  When the priest slid open the panel in the confessional, the man said, "Father, during World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our neighborhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide her from the Nazis.   So I hid her in my attic." 
The priest replied, "That was a wonderful thing you did, and you have no need to confess that." 
"There is more to tell, Father. She started to repay me with sexual
favors. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice on Sundays."
 
The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did, you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh.  However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven." 
"Thank you, Father.  That is a great load off my mind. I do have one more question." 
"And what is that?" asked the priest. 
"Should I tell her the war is over?'' 

No comments:

Post a Comment