Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Tuesday, December 18, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, fell back asleep and got up at 8:30.

Last night the Saints prevailed over the Panthers 12-9 in an ugly game.

I left the apt at 12:30 and walked up to La Buena Mesa.  Recently I received an email from Medellin Guru listing the best burgers in Medellin.  One of them was Monsieur Burger and I noticed they have an Envigado location.  I stopped at Monsieur Burger and ordered a classic burger and a Coke.  There was only one other customer and I had the thought “how do they stay in business?”  Five minutes later a group of 20 arrived and filled the remainder of the indoor seating.  The burger was delicious – one of the best I’ve had in Medellin.

From there I took a bus up to Parque Envigado.  I stopped at the copy center where I had a laminated color copy made of my new cedula and I bought a 2019 desk calendar.

I had a café con leche at the bakery.

I walked back to the apt.  On the way, through La Buena Mesa, I noticed a couple cafes at least one of which has free wifi.  I’ll have to give them a try some day soon.

My alma mater NIU played in the Boca Raton Bowl tonight but they got pummelled by the University of Alabama Birmingham 37-13.

I purchased a couple Queen songs and a few Christmas songs on iTunes.

Joke of the day
Shamus and Murphy fancied a pint or two but didn't have a lot of money.  Between them they could only raise the staggering sum of one Euro.
Murphy said 'Hang on, I have an idea.'
He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large sausage.
Shamus said 'Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left at all!'
Murphy replied, 'Don't worry - just follow me.'
He went into the pub where he immediately ordered two pints of Guinness and two glasses of Jameson Whisky.
Shamus said 'Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be in?  We haven't got any money!'
Murphy replied, with a smile. 'Don't worry I have a plan, Cheers!'
They downed their Drinks. Murphy said, 'OK, I'll stick the sausage
through my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth.'
The barman noticed them, went berserk, and threw them out.
They continued this, pub after pub, getting more and more drunk all for free.
At the tenth pub Shamus said 'Murphy - I don't think I can do any more of this. I'm drunk and me knees are killin' me!'
Murphy said, 'How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage in the third pub.’

No comments:

Post a Comment