Sunday, December 9, 2018

Saturday, December 8, 2018


Today is Dia de la Inmaculada Concepcion (Immaculate Conception Day).

I got up early and Teresa and I left the apt about 8:45.

The plan was to first go to Nueve eps so Teresa could talk to a doctor about some medicine to take for her persistent diarrhea, then we were going to go to Mayorista to buy meat.

When we arrived at Nueve eps we found it closed even though their sign said they are open on Saturdays.  I said “well, today IS a holiday.”  Teresa changed her mind and we walked 2 blocks away to La Vaquita where we bought meat and a few other things.  We were back at the apt by 10:40.

We took a nap for an hour.

I finished reading Clive Cussler’s paperback Treasure.

We all left the apt at 2:30 and walked to the mall.  We bought a medium popcorn to share, medium soda for me and bottle of water for the ladies.  (My balance is now 11,500 pesos.)  We entered theater number 5 same as last time I saw it.  I think I can see now that the lower level entrance must be through the downstairs platinum area.

The ladies loved the movie.  Afterward, Laura went and brought MT to join us.

We went upstairs to Crepes & Waffles although I warned them I only had 90,000 pesos on me.  I had onion soup, MT had aromatic tea and the other ladies each had an entrĂ©e and a drink.

When it was finally time for the bill we waited about 15 minutes and nothing.  Finally a manager stopped by and explained that they couldn’t find our bill in the system.  I think they gave it to someone else and they didn’t complain because it was so small.  She asked us again for what we ordered and the total came to 51,100 pesos and I didn’t leave a tip.  (They don’t deserve one if they can’t keep track of our order.)

Teresa and MT checked out some clothing stores while Laura and I went up a level and checked out gifts for the Mass. girls in an art store – Todo en Arte.  We think we found something for each of them.  I noticed a display of stuffed toys called Ty Boos.  She asked what she could get for the parents and I said not to worry about it because a gift to the girls is a gift to the parents.  (Later I recommended she give them a bag of Juan Valdez coffee.)
It’s cool to walk through the mall and hear Christmas carols in English.

I understand Teresa is going to the finca tomorrow to check on things so I’ll probably do Ciclovia in the morning before the afternoon NFL games begin.

I watched another episode of The Walking Dead.

Joke of the day
Dear paranoid people who check behind shower curtains for murderers, if you find one, what's your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment