Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Today is my daughter’s 30th birthday.  Happy Birthday Jeannie!

I had a typical night finally waking at 5:45 and getting up at 6:15. 
Immigration opens at 8am so I should make that with no problem.

I see the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Washington Redskins 28-13 last night.  The Eagles are back.

I left the apt just after 7:40 and waited 5 minutes for the portero (doorman) to get me a taxi.

As we approached the immigration office I saw a young man walk by in a Chicago t-shirt.

I was at immigration by 8:05 and there was already a line.  The security guard directed me to a seat in the back row.  As someone went up to the window the rest of us moved over a seat.  I noticed a group of 5 youngsters about 18 years old that were obviously together.  After being served they left.  When it was my turn I presented my passport, my appointment and cpopies of my passport identification page and visa page.  He wrote on the top page in English blood type, address, and telephone number which I filled in after consulting my cellphone.  He then directed me to take a seat in another area.

The group of 5 returned and went back up to the first window.  I’m guessing they all needed to make copies of their passport.

When it was my turn I sat in front of a 30ish woman who went through my paperwork and entered or checked some things in her computer.  Her immigration uniform blouse was so tight I thought the buttons were going to burst.  I paid the 190,000 peso fee for my Cedula with my debit card and she directed me to the photography area.

This woman took my photo and electronic fingerprints.  She had me wipe my nose with my thumbs and my forehead with my fingers, I think in order to put oils on them for a better scan.

I left immigration at 8:45.  Now I just have to wait 2 weeks or so for my cedula to be ready for pickup.

I walked down to Avenida 80 where I quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado.

I had him drop me off at the mall.  It was only about 9:20 so I was pretty sure the smaller stores weren’t yet open.

I had a café con leche at Habia Una Vez until 10am.  I couldn’t get a wifi signal so I just read some of my paperback.

I stopped first in Dollar City where I bought a roll of Betty Crocker aluminum foil and a roll of clear wrap for 18mil.

In Home Center I used their automatic cashier to buy another 3-way tap – the last one I think we’re going to need.

I was back at the apt by 10:30.

Teresa and I left at 1:15 for her 2:30 appointment.  As it turned out the building his office is in is the same building Dr. Rendon’s office used to be in - in the back of the Colfama (sp?) building.

We finally were invited into Dr. Raul Eduardo Marquez' office at 2:45.  We spent about an hour with him.  He will try to make the breast the same size with an implant and if necessary, after healing, fat injections can be used to smooth out any "wrinkles".

On his cellphone, the doctor showed us an example of a breast as it looked right after reconstructive surgery.  He showed us the same breast a month later and 3 months later.  It looked pretty good but not perfect.

I understand the fee will be 4 million pesos for his service plus 1 million pesos for the implant and I have to deposit it into his account this week.

Later we also have to pay the anesthesiologist and then the hospital surgical room the day of the surgery.  The latter is variable depending on the instruments used and the time taken in the operating room.  As of now the surgery is scheduled for 2pm but it might get moved to earlier.

I paid the receptionist 130mil (abour $45) for our consultation.

We walked next door to Marriott where I thought it might be easier to catch a taxi but it took about 20 minutes probably because it had started raining.  Somebody important must be staying there as outside the front doors were 2 policemen, a woman holding a wand and a private security man with a security dog.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document waiting for pickup.

I tried sending myself 5 million pesos but for some reason World Remit wouldn’t allow me to send more than $1,309 or slightly more than 4 million pesos.  Maybe Bancolombia has a maximum amount?

Joke of the day
Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers.  Now they drink like their fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment