Monday, December 10, 2018

Sunday, December 9, 2018


Typical night, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

First some background.  Our 8-story building is one of (at least) 6 towers in a gated community.  Across the street is a 20-story building (although the bottom 3 floors are for parking) in another gated community.

I left the apt about 9:45 and walked in a northly direction.  There are at least a dozen other highrises and/or gated communities NE and NW of ours along winding streets.

I thought I was still heading north but I ended up by the high school that fronts Avenida Poblado.  I turned around and headed back south and west and came out on Avenida Las Vegas across the street from the Los Contenedores restaurant area.  There was a small mall on my side so I checked it out.  I then walked south and encountered a man walking a Samoyed.  I asked him what type of dog he had and I think he said Samoyedo.  (They always have to throw an “a” or “o” after our English words.  Lol.)  I asked him if his dog was expensive and he said no because he bought it in Llanogrande.  He confirmed that that’s near Rionegro.

I continued on to McDonald’s where I ordered a café con leche.  There were a group of apparent McDonald’s workers in a side room where they repeatedly sang and cheered to the beginning (like 10 seconds) of Jingle Bell Rock a number of times.  Maybe they were filming a commercial.

I hung around there about 30 minutes checking my cellphone.

I stopped at Exito on my way back to the apt and picked up a couple bags of milk.

I watched some NFL football in the afternoon.

I found a cable clamp in the track for the sliding glass door which was preventing us from closing it enough to lock it.

Teresa is feeling much better and I think she’s gotten over her diarrhea problem.

In the apartment across the street there is some kind of party that spilled out onto their balcony.  In one of the bedrooms are apparently young men watching fúbol and cheering enthusiastically on occasions.

Finally 8:20pm came and for the next 3 hours I watched the Chicago Bears thump the 11-1 Los Angeles Rams 15-6.  Wow, the Monsters of the Midway are back!  I finished off ½# of peanuts and a 600ml Coke while watching the Bears beat the 2nd strongest team (after the N.O. Saints) in the NFC.

By the time I went to bed it was 11:45.

Joke of the day
Barry decided to propose to Janice, but prior to her acceptance Janice felt she had to confess to her man about her childhood illness.  She informed Barry that she suffered a disease that left her breasts at the maturity of a 12 year old.

He stated that it was OK because he loved her sooo much. 

However, Barry felt this was also the time for him to open up and admit that he had a deformity too.

Barry looked Janice in the eyes and said, 'I too have a problem.  My winky is the same size as a baby and I hope you can deal with that once we are married.'


She said, 'Yes, I will marry you and learn to live with your baby size winky.'


Janice and Barry got married and they could not wait for the honeymoon. Barry whisked Janice off to their hotel suite and they started touching, teasing, and holding one another.


As Janice put her hands in Barry's pants, she began to scream and ran out of the room!  Barry ran after her to find out what was wrong.


She said, 'You told me your winky was the size of a baby!'


'Yes, it is ... 7 pounds, 8 ounces, 19 inches long.’

No comments:

Post a Comment