Saturday, December 15, 2018

Friday, December 14, 2018

I was awakened at 3:30 by talking outside.  I got up and looked outside my window and though I couldn’t see anyone it appeared it was coming from the 24-hour Exito next door.  It was probably a couple employees taking a smoke break.  I closed the window and went back to bed.

I got up again at 6am, quickly fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8am.

I checked online and the Chargers came back last night in the closing seconds to win 29-28.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Mule (8.0).
Locally, maybe I might like to see Instant Family (7.6) playing at 7:20pm.

Teresa left about 10am to pick up some test results from Las Americas and take them to Cedimed in Poblado.  I’m a little surprised she didn’t invite me to go with her.  (Usually the night before I ask what’s going on the next day for a heads up.  Last night I forgot to ask.  If I’d known she was going alone I would have gone to the gym.)

Teresa called me at 11:45.  She’s still at Las Americas.
She called me again at noon.  She’s still at Las Americas, she’s going to have lunch there so I am on my own for lunch.  Hmmm. Papa Johns?  It IS closer now.

I left the apt at 12:20 and it was a 12 minute walk to Papa Johns where I had an individual pizza and Coke.

Teresa was there when I returned to the apt.

I left the apt about 3:30.  Walking down the street a car in the far lane stopped, a young man stuck his head out of the window and asked me if I knew where restaurant Picante (spicy) is.  I said “no”.

I walked down to the mall to make an ATM withdrawal but realized I had forgotten to bring my debit card.  Drat!

I had a café con leche at Habia Una Vez.  I was there long enough to realize that their Christmas song tape is on a 1-hour loop.

Back at the apt her friend Martha came over and they went to La Buena Mesa so Teresa could have her fingernail and toenail polish removed.

About 6:45 it started raining.  Long time no rain.  It only lasted about 30 minutes.

The plan for tomorrow as I understand it is: Teresa will be up by 4am, she will wake me up by 5am, quick shower and dress, leave the apt by 5:20, arrive at the Las Americas clinic by 6am for her markup, with surgery from 7am-11am.

Joke of the day
In Houston, a man stopped a pedestrian and asked, “What’s the quickest way to the hospital?”
The pedestrian replied, “Say something bad about Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment