Friday, December 14, 2018

Thursday, December 13, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up again at 6am and got up at 6:45.  Teresa got up just a few minutes before me.

I left the apt at 8am and arrived at Financiera Pagos Internacionales at 8:20.  As I was walking into the building I was passed by 2 armored car security guards (1 with pistol the other with shotgun) who of course had priority when it comes to the cashier.  Luckily, there was only one person waiting outside and for some reason she soon left.  The guards left about 5 minutes later and the security guy motioned for me to enter.

I gave the cashier my cedula and paper with the transfer information.  I understood she didn’t want to give me the money because my cedula had expired.  Luckily I had my passport with me but she told me that because I’m a citizen (I’m not) I need to have a valid cedula – mine, my wife’s, my brother’s anyone – and the money has to be sent to them for pickup.

I walked down to the Aymara bakery and called Teresa.  My plan was if she had already left the apt I would stop there for coffee.  She hadn’t so I returned to the apt.

We left the apt about 9:30 and took a taxi to a new clinic – Super Salud (health) a block from Parque Poblado.  After waiting for 5 minutes for Teresa’s turn I finally got an idea.  I walked to Envios Market where I picked up my January issue of Chess Life magazine, Reader’s Digest for October and December, an end-of-the-year pension statement and a letter from BSI Financial Services.

Back at Super Salud Teresa was waiting for me.  (I’m not sure what she accomplished there but that’s not unusual.)  She told me she wanted to buy some pajamas that she could button down the front so she wouldn’t have to raise her arms.

We walked across the street and soon caught a taxi.  At first she told him we wanted to go to Santafe mall but she soon changed her mind and told him Exito in Envigado.  He dropped us off at the entrance to the mall.

Teresa spent some time in Exito but didn’t find anything she liked.  We had lunch in their cafeteria.  I had soup, cole slaw, rice and stir fry chicken with vegetables.  Teresa had something similar for a total of 33mil ($11).

In the mall Teresa checked out a couple stores but didn’t find anything suitable.  She said she thought she had some old pajamas back at the apt.

We returned to the apt and she took a nap, while I watched the 1pm rerun of the Today show for an hour then I took a nap for an hour.
Teresa had a friend arrive at 3:30 just after I got up from my nap.
About 4:15 a street sweeper came by.

I checked online and my Cedula is ready for pickup; probably Saturday during Teresa’s surgery.

About 6pm I texted Laura to see if she would be able to meet us in Poblado for dinner.  I didn’t hear from her and at 7pm Teresa and I decided to postpone the dinner until later when Laura can join us.
Laura returned at 8:20.

I watched some Thursday night football.  I turned it off just before 11pm and I think the Chiefs were about to score to go up 28-14.

Joke of the day
Did you hear about the patient in a body cast?  The fellow in bed next to him asked him what he did for a living.
He said “I was a window washer at the Empire State Building.”
The other fellow said, “When did you quit?”
He replied “Halfway down.”

Yeah, I know, that’s an oldie!

1 comment:

  1. That window washer shoulda had a Maxwell House Parachute!

    Cheer!
    ==

    ReplyDelete