Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wednesday, December 5, 2018


Last night I woke up once at 4am and at 6:15 I gave up and got up.

Teresa was soon up also and she made me some hot lemonade for my persistent cold.  She’s feeling much better and she proclaimed that she didn’t have a cold only a cough.

I took a quick nap from about 7:15 to 8am while I waited for the ladies to get ready.

We all left the apt at 8am and took a taxi to Bancolombia.  Inside it was already busy and we got number 238 and they were serving 213.  I figured we had 30 minutes to spare.  Laura sat down to wait for our turn, Teresa went upstairs to aquire a 4 million peso loan to pay the oncologist and I went to Servibanca where I withdrew almost 1 million pesos.

Outside the bank they had a booth promoting EnCicla.  I took a flyer which I later translated to:
·       120km of pedestrian paths and bike paths.
·       100 new Encicla stations in the 10 municipalities of the Aburra Valley.
·       300 bike parking stations.

Back in Bancolombia there was a 45-60 minute wait for our turn which seemed to go faster today as I had remembered to bring my Reader’s Digest.

When it was our turn Laura and I went to the cashier, we retrieved the 4 million pesos I sent via World Remit, added the 1 million I just picked up at the ATM and deposited it in Dr. Marquez, the plastic surgeon’s, account.

With that accomplished we all went to Carbon de Leña for a late breakfast.  Laura then left for work and Teresa and I took a taxi back to the apt.

We stopped in Exito where Teresa picked up a package of chicken and I a stick of real butter not the usual margarine.  At the guard house the doorman gave us the Une bill and epm bills for some previous months.  Teresa called the RE agency and then I dropped off the bills.  I understand they will tell us if we are responsible for any of them.

I walked over to the mall and sat down at Habia Una Vez for coffee but I couldn’t get an internet connection so I quickly moved on to Starbucks.  I had my usual café mocha blanco and used their internet.

I left just before 1pm and headed back to the apt where I watched President Bush’s funeral on the Today show.

Teresa took a nap and in the meantime I let a stick of butter soften up which ended up taking 2 hours.  Using Betty Crocker’s chocolate chip cookie mix the next problem was mixing the dry ingredients of their mix with a stick of butter and one egg.  I ended up literally doing it by hand.  We put it on the little cookie sheet without any oil (mistake) and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.  
Because they weren’t all the same size they cooked a little differently; actually most of them were slightly undercooked and they ended up falling apart when I tried to remove them.  Still they tasted pretty good and some day soon I’ll try again.

I watched a few episodes of season 7 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

About 10pm Laura asked if I had internet.  I checked and I didn’t.

Joke of the day
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone?  That's common sense leaving your body.


No comments:

Post a Comment