Thursday, December 13, 2018

Wednesday, December 12, 2018


Last night I got up once at 4:30 and woke/got up at 6:30.

I found our first utility bill on the kitchen table.  It’s for 137,030 pesos, about 25% higher now because we have working gas and we’ve moved from estrato 3 to estrato 5.

I googled Super Giros and found an Envigado location at Calle 36Sur #41-58 and they open at 8am.

After a quick granola breakfast I left the apt at 7:45.

I walked to downtown Envigado and the address where the Super Giros was supposed to be – well there was nothing.  No address, no sign.  I asked next door at a currency exchange and the guy told me ‘no mas’ so I guess they don’t exist any longer.

I walked back towards the apt and stopped at Aymara for coffee.  About 8:30 I saw Nobraskja cross the street to catch a bus to work.

I returned to the apt at 9am and Teresa had already returned.

We left the apt at 11am for her 12:30 appointment at Las Americas.  We were there by 11:20.  For awhile we went from one waiting room to another and finally went to a nearby building arriving at 12:20 for her appointment with the anethesiologist.  She was only in there for 5 minutes.

We returned to the main building and we went up to the 3rd floor to their cafeteria.  We were in the main line when I looked ahead to what was offered and all I saw I liked were the frijoles and salad.  Nearby a woman was serving a few other things including chicken lasagna.  I got in a separate line to order that.

When it was my turn I ordered a Mr. Tea and lasagna.  The lady didn’t seem to understand my simple Spanish.  I got out of line and called Teresa and she said what I just said and the girl understood.
We each sat down with our food and I said “I don’t know why that girl doesn’t understand Spanish”.  Lol.

We went downstairs where I paid 1,443,000 pesos ($472) for the anesthesiologist and 4,390,248 pesos ($1,437) for use of the surgical room (and supplies) which includes 2 nights in recovery.  I understand if the surgery for some reason goes much beyond 4 hours there could be additional charges.

We left about 2pm to return to the apt.

Teresa told me that Esmeralda will join me with hospital visits and a friend from the gym will be there at night.

About 5pm we walked up to La Buena Mesa where we were joined by her friend Martha.  In Percimon we each had a frozen yogurt with the fixings.

Edilson called me and asked me if I’m playing in the chess tournament that starts the 20th of December.  I told him I’m not as I haven’t played chess in weeks.

I understand Teresa has another medical visit tomorrow morning while I’m going to try to collect the $50 my brother sent me via World Remit.  This will be my first time trying this alone.

Joke of the day
Working people frequently ask us retired people what we do to make our days interesting.  Well, for example, just the other day my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.  When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.
We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'
He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
I called him an a--hole . He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.
So my wife called him a s--t head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he started writing more tickets.
This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.
Just then our bus arrived we got on and went home.
We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment