Saturday, April 27, 2019

Friday, April 26, 2019


I slept well until 4:30, finally fell back asleep waking/getting up at 7am.

My back feels a little stronger this morning.  I hope that continues.  If not…

This morning Dr. Rios answered with Nueva Vida Centro Quiropractico Espinal at Carrera 43D #13-06 in the Manila barrio of Poblado at 266-2183  It looks like its about 5 blocks from Parque Poblado and the doctor has 18 years of clinical experience in the US so I’m pretty sure he speaks English.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then walked down the hill to the corner but didn’t see anyone selling newspapers.  I returned to the apt and picked up my gym stuff and headed to Smartfit.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and a half.  It’s been about 6 months since I first had problems with my left hamstrings.  I had been lifting 80# but I stopped for about a month then started over again with 60#.  This week I upped it to 65# and I think I can soon up it to 70#.  I brought my cellphone with me today and it appears they have a strong wifi signal but still no internet connection.  I ran into Dr. Ruis and he nicely said he would help me in any way he can.

When Teresa came back about noon she immediately realized she didn’t have her water bottle with her.  She believes she left it in Carbon de Leña.  She tried calling them but there was no answer.  We ordered her a new, and perhaps better, one from Amazon for $32.90.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I would like to see.  But… I’m not into super hero movies but I might see Avengers: Endgame mainly because of all the hype and their rating (9.2).  I’m sure it will be around for a few weeks so I’ll probably wait for a week when there isn’t anything else to see.

Locally, I will probably see The Aftermath (6.3) and Eye on Juliet (6.6) this week.

I left the apt at 2:15 and walked to the mall.  The cashier at Cine Colombia spoke a little English and was excited to practice.  I added 40mil to my account and bought a preferred seat for 12,500 pesos.

I went to Auros by Exito and had a page of my chess openings printed out. On my way out I picked up a free Gente newspaper at the Exito information desk.

Back inside CC in the Platinum area I talked briefly with Natalia.  I bought a small Coke and had my little bucket filled with salted popcorn.

I thought I had bought a general seat and there were no other seats sold so I took my seat in the middle of the last row. 

The movie – Eye on Juliet – was good, better than I thought it would be.  It turned out there were 6 others in the theater with me.

I stopped at Exito for milk on the way back to the apt and just got back before rainfall started.  It continued for most of the evening.

In the evening I watched the 2nd & 3rd round of the NFL draft.

Tomorrow the plan is to go in the morning to Mayorista for meat and vegetables.

10,166 steps today.

Joke of the day
“So, this guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, “You know, all lawyers are assholes.”  And a guy at the end of the bar says, “Hey, I heard that.  I resent that.”  And the first guy says, “Why?  Are you a lawyer?”  And the other guy says, “No, I’m an asshole.”

No comments:

Post a Comment