Thursday, April 25, 2019

Wednesday, April 24, 2019


I slept through the night waking at 5:15 and getting up at 6:15.

Since we were out of eggs Teresa suggested we go to Aymará for breakfast.

We left the apt at 7:30 and walked up to Aymará where we had a nice breakfast of eggs, croissants, and coffee for 22,500 pesos ($7.50).

Teresa went to get her hair done and I stopped at Eduardo Madrid Bakery where I bought a bagel to go (they didn’t have any English muffins).

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I added 5# to 7 of my exercises and increased my treadmill speed and time from 5.6 to 5.7 and 6 minutes to 7 minutes, respectively.  I noticed they installed a clock on the 3rd floor and the water fountain on the 1st floor has a separate faucet for filling water bottles.  I saw Marcos come in and work out on the treadmill then I saw him sitting at the shoulder press machine and the next thing I knew he was standing outside.  I guess he just works on his cardio; maybe it’s a Wednesday routine.  I asked Juan Carlos if the internet was working and he checked and said it was.  We’ll see when I bring my cellphone on Friday.  Wow, I was back at the apt by 11am.  I attribute that to doing fewer exercises, doing them faster, having no cellphone (lol) and my proximity to the gym.
Teresa came back at 11:45.

Because of all the running around (Teresa was spending a lot of time on the phone), she cancelled her 2pm dentist appointment.
She gave me the good news that tonight’s 7pm meeting has been cancelled because the guy in the apt can’t afford to pay the 20,000,000 pesos or so in back fees.

We walked up to the restaurant where we had the menu of the day.

Back at the apt I took a short nap from 2:30 to 3pm.

We had a little rain in the afternoon.

We left the apt at 3:30 and arrived 10 minutes late for her doctor’s appointment.

They were behind also and the receptionist told us to go get coffee and she would call us when Dr. Ossa is available.

We went down to O-Cake where we had a drink and shared a meat pastry.

There was another rainstorm in progress and the temperature dropped.

I checked inside Carulla where I found the brand of eggs that Teresa likes although it was a pretty large package of 32.  We decided we would pick them up later.

The receptionist finally called at 5pm.  We went up to the doctor’s office and were allowed in at 5:20.

The oncologist gave her an exam and checked the results of her liver test and said everything looks good.  (They found a tumor in her liver but the doctor said it is of no concern because it’s benign.)  He wants her to take 500mg of calcium every day and he’ll see here in 6 months when she’ll get a mammogram of the non-surgical breast and some type of bone scan.

Teresa returned some clothes to Zara and window shopped a little.

We had a bite to eat in Crepes & Waffles for 45,100 pesos.

We waited in line for 40 minutes to catch a taxi and it was another 30 minutes back to the apt.

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Testament on my Nook e-reader.

9,726 steps today.

Joke of the day
My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.
She asked, “What’s on TV?”
I said, “Dust”.
She didn’t appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment