Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Tuesday, April 23, 2019


I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

We left the apt at 7am and quickly caught a taxi to nueva eps.
After checking in and paying 3,200 pesos they took my blood sample to test for cholesterol.

We walked to Carbon de Leña where we had breakfast.  We talked about the injections for my back and I understood they were merely to be temporary relief.  I told her I am not looking for that – I am looking for a cure so no more injections unless it gets really bad.
She went to mass and I walked down to the mall where I bought a café con leche at Habia Una Vez and solved about 10 chess puzzles.
Jose soon showed up and he had a tinto.  He said he had no trouble catching a taxi and traffic was very light.  I recalled seeing taxis, motos, and trucks but no passenger cars.

We took an elevator upstairs to the food court where we played 4 games over the next 7 hours (briefly stopping for lunch).  I couldn’t believe it as he won all 4 games.  During one of the games we heard heavy rain hitting the roof.

Downstairs he quickly caught a taxi back home and I walked back to the apt in heavy thunder but I managed to beat the rain.

Teresa spent the afternoon exchanging clothes at Santafe mall and chatting with her mother.

She returned about 7pm.

Teresa tells me that she has a business appointment at 7pm tomorrow night about the apt in La Estrella.  In preparation for that she’s going to skip gym tomorrow morning in order to get her hair done.

Today I solved another 37 of 40 puzzles in 70 minutes.

6,174 steps today.

Joke of the day
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn’t run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.  But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first: the shed, the boat, brewing beer, watching TV.

Always something more important to me!  Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.  When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors.

I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house.  I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.  I said, “When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway.”

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment