Saturday, April 6, 2019

Friday, April 5, 2019


I got up once about 3:45 am and the water was back on.

I woke/got up at 7:45.  Teresa had already left for the gym.  Afterward she’s meeting her friend for breakfast.

Teresa called and informed me that we’ll meet at 2pm at La Bahia for lunch.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then I left for the gym.  I bought a Q’Hubo newspaper down on the corner.

At the gym I completed all my exercises in an hour and 25 minutes but their internet wasn’t working today.  Drat!

Back at the apt Teresa was already there.

We left the apt at 1:30 and walked to La Bahia were we had a simple delicious lunch for 12mil ($4) each.  MT joined us as we were finishing.

We all walked across the street to the mall.  The ladies went into Exito do some shopping and I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche while studying some more tactics.  This time I tried to take my time and be more careful but I still only solved 2/3 of them.  The ladies joined me and they shared a slice of carrot cake.  I ate the discarded raisins that they don’t like.

I left and checked the Co-Working space looking for a Banco Caja Social ATM but they don’t have one.  I want to check to see if they charge an ATM fee.

I returned to the apt and watched a couple movies on Direct TV.

We got some heavy rain from about 5:30 to 7pm when Teresa was finally able to return.  We were going to go to the Peruvian restaurant but for the rain.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see since I’ve already seen Shazam!

It was about 10:30 at night and I was standing by the balcony flossing my teeth when I saw a bat bump into the bird feeder.

8,294 steps today.

Joke of the day
I was having trouble with my computer. So I called David, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.
David clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?"
He replied, "It was an ID ten T error."
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An ID Ten T error?
What's that? In case I need to fix it again."
David grinned, "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"
"No", I replied.
"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T
I used to like that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment