Friday, April 5, 2019

Thursday, April 4, 2019


I slept well until waking about 4am then I had a difficult time getting back to sleep.  Teresa got up at 6am I got up about 7am.
After her gym class Teresa is going to have breakfast with her girlfriend so I’m going to the mall for coffee.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then walked to the mall.  I had a café con leche at Habia Una Vez while reading some of my January Chess Life magazine.

At 11:45 I went to Cine Colombia to buy a ticket to Shazam (8.1) for the afternoon showing but it was still closed.

The movie doesn’t open in the States until tomorrow so my Run Pee app wouldn’t identify the best places to take a potty break but it did tell me there are additional scenes during and after the credits.
Back at the apt I refilled the hummingbird feeder.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a package waiting for pickup.  It’s probably our water bottles and I’ll pick them up on Saturday.

My brother informed me that I called the barber shop Mr. Klutz instead of its correct name Mr. Kutz.  My bad.  I corrected it.

I left the apt at 2:30 with my little popcorn bucket and 3D glasses and in Cine Colombia I bought a general seating ticket for 15,100.  The movie is in 3D and on the IMAX screen.  I brought a pair of 3D glasses with me but I had to invest in a new pair for the IMAX screen for 4,200 pesos.  At least I could keep them.

I waited in the platinum zone for awhile before the movie.  Twice an employee approached me and asked if I wanted to order anything.  Ten minutes before showtime I made my last potty break, had my bucket filled with popcorn and bought a small soda.
The trailers and commercials were so loud I left the theater and complained to an usher.  She came back a few minutes later and I think she said that the movie itself should be better.  The dialogue was better except some of the music and sound effects were still at a high decibel level.  The beginning was impressive with a countdown of numbers coming at you in 3D.  The movie was cool and very funny.  After it was over I sat through about 5 minutes of credits in order to see the 2 extra scenes.

I called Teresa to see where she was but she didn’t answer.

When I walked outside I found it raining lightly but luckily I had brought my small umbrella with me.

Teresa was back at the apt when I arrived and I soon discovered we don’t have running water.

I forgot to mention.  When we were at Pricesmart I picked up a large bag of fish sticks and told Teresa my mother used to make these on Fridays.  Teresa bought the bag and loves them.  Thanks mom!

It was about 7pm when a bolt of lightning hit so close that there wasn’t even a second between seeing the flash and hearing the thunder.

About 8:45 something I can only guess is a large moth dive bombed our balcony doors several times.  It’s a good thing they were closed or I am afraid it would have gotten in the apt.  when I told Teresa she seemed to think it was a bat.

I finished reading Jack Higgins’ paperback The Eagle has Flown.
9,159 steps today.

Joke of the day
I was walking down the street the other day when I saw my best friend Jeff. I walked up to him and mentioned that I had the craziest dream the other night. Jeff listened as I told him that the dream consisted of just one thing - a huge glowing number "5". It was made of gold and sparkled with shiny diamonds. Jeff's curiosity was peaked. I went on to say that the first thing that I did in the morning was to grab the daily racing digest and look up the 5th race.
Jeff raised an eyebrow. I told him that the #5 horse in the 5th race was named "The 5th Element." Jeff started grinning. Then I told him point-by-point what I did that entire day.
I ate 5 bowls of cereal for breakfast and drank 5 cups of coffee
I went for a 5 mile jog to clear my head.
I took a 5 minute shower to rinse off.
I dressed in the 5th suit I found in my closet.
I sat in my car for 5 minutes before starting it.
I drove to the racetrack and parked in the 5th stall in the 5th row.
I entered through the 5th admissions gate.
I bought 5 programs.
I went to the 5th betting window and bet $555 on the 5th horse in the 5th race.
I went and sat in the 5th row of the bleachers making sure there were 5 people sitting on both sides of me.
I settled in and waited for the race to start.
"Well," said Jeff. "Did your horse win??"
I frowned at Jeff and said, "Stupid horse came in 5th."

No comments:

Post a Comment