Monday, April 29, 2019

Sunday, April 28, 2019


Today is Easter for Orthodox Christians.

I got up twice during the night, again at 6:30, had difficulty getting back to sleep and I finally got up at 7:45.

My back felt a little sore while still lying in bed.  I stretched as much as I could – like trying to make myself longer – and it soon felt a little better.  The past few days the Colombian Expat Exchange blog has had a continuing discussion on beds and mattresses so I snuck in a question about whether soft or hard mattresses are better for my lower back pain.  One of the responses I got suggested I do yoga stretches for my back.  I googled yoga for lower back pain and found a few suggestions.  I’ll give them a try soon and hopefully they will help.

Teresa got a call from JJ that there wasn’t any running water at the finca.  She called someone then informed me that she had to go to the finca after breakfast.

I had a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast and left the apt at 9:15.  I noticed that the tarp fences are down at Otra Parte so I guess it is open or will be open soon.  They had a yoga class going on in their restaurant area.  I had my usual coffee at Starbucks.  On the way back I saw an exercise class outside Santafe mall.  I was back at the apt by noon.

Teresa of course was already gone.

I walked up to Jack & Roll and was surprised it wasn’t open yet it being a little after noon.  I looked in the window and a young man came out and said they would be open in 10 minutes.  I told him I don’t have 10 minutes as he motioned for me to sit at an outside table.  I sat down and waited a few minutes and no one came to take my order so I left.

I walked down to the mall where I bought a package of underwear at Exito.  I returned it to the apt then caught a taxi to Vizcaya mall for 10mil.  I quickly purchased a preferred seat for 9,000 pesos but I couldn’t believe the long lines at the concession stand.  I went down a level and bought a BBQ sandwich and an iced tea at Subway.  Back upstairs I got in a long line and after a 25 minute wait I had a medium soda and my bucket filled with popcorn.  The first vending machine I tried was empty (not even ice) so I had to go to the one furthest from my theater.  As I filled it with Pepsi I noticed it wasn’t bubbling and I should have stopped immediately but I continued filling it with what turned out to be flat soda.  Inside the theater the movie had already started and I found someone in my seat but they soon realized their mistake and moved over one seat.

The movie title – Living with the Enemy (translated from the Spanish title) – should have been Sleeping with the Enemy and was only okay.

Outside the mall I started walking down the hill towards Avenida Poblado but after a block I felt a pain in my right knee so I hailed a taxi.  I checked my step counter and I was over 14,000 steps for the day so maybe I hit my limit.  I never felt any pain later so I guess it was the additional fact I was walking downhill.

Back at the apt Teresa didn’t return until 7:30.  I understand she has to add another water tank above the finca.  She already called someone to install it and she’ll be going with him on Tuesday to purchase and install it.

15,388 steps today.

Joke of the day
An elderly man who was on the decline went to the doctor for his yearly exam.
A few weeks later the doctor saw him on the street with a young babe on his arm, a big smile on his face, and he was in peak condition.
The doctor exclaimed, surprised, "Mr. Jones, it's great to see you, you look great, what happened?"
"Well, Doc, I just took your advice, and it worked! I feel 30 years younger!"
The doctor was confused. "What advice was that?"
"You told me to be cheerful and get a hot mama!"
"No no no!" said the doctor. "I said 'Be careful, you've got a heart murmur!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment