Monday, April 15, 2019

Sunday, April 14, 2019


Today is Palm Sunday.

I woke up, but didn’t get up, a couple times during the night, quickly falling back asleep.  I woke up at 7:10 and got up at 7:30.
I had a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast and left the apt at 8:45.  I soon took ½ an Excedrin Migraine to aliveate the discomfort in my back.

There was a meditation class going on outside Café de Otra Parte.  It looks like the library/bookstore is finished but they still have a blue tarp fence surrounding it.  I didn’t see an exercise class outside Euro grocery but there was one outside Santafe mall.

At Starbucks I ordered my usual cold café mocha blanco and gave the girl my completely stamped card.  She told me that it’s good for a large drink but I told her I only wanted a small one.  I guess “special orders don’t upset us” doesn’t apply her because she briefly went in back.  When she returned she continued with my order.

I sat for about 45 minutes reading my March Reader’s Digest.
On the way back I stopped at Oviedo mall where I found a BBVA ATM.  I withdrew 300mil mainly so I would have a transaction so I could compare the currency exchange rate to yesterdays at Banco Caja Social.  (Back at the apt I found that the CER is exactly the same which leads me to believe that BCS doesn’t charge an ATM fee.  My next goal will be to see what their limit is – can I make a withdrawal more than the 700,000 I withdrew yesterday.)

I walked over to where the old Citibank ATM’s used to be and I found a paperback exchange area.  I interpreted the Spanish instructions to mean that I should leave my information in the book then return it within 15 days and put it in the return mailbox.  I quickly found James Michener’s Space (in English of course) but I didn’t see anything in the book and I didn’t see a return mailbox so I just took it.

On the way back I encountered a Palm Sunday religious procession at the bridge that made it a challenge to get through.  A few people were hold palm branches.

I returned to the apt at 11:30.  Teresa asked where I went and while telling her I mentioned I saw a religious procession and I understood she was late getting to mass so she said she’ll go tonight.

We only had frijoles for lunch so Teresa called Go Wings and they delivered a dozen chicken wings with sauce and a couple small sodas for 33,900 pesos ($11).

I watched Chapter 4 - From the Opening into the middle-game.

We took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30.  One of the joys of being retired is naps.  Trust me!

At 4:30 it started raining.  I wonder if that will threaten our visiting Esmeralda this afternoon or going to mass tonight.  It stopped 15 minutes later.

Wow, I just read that Tiger Woods won the Masters.  Incredible!  I hear it’s his first win in 11 years because of his back injury.

I understand the Game of Thrones series is ending soon.  I never got into it but different episodes are on 2 different stations here on Direct TV.

We watched The Silence (5.3) on Netflix which we thought was pretty entertaining.

I watched Chapter 5 – Finding the correct the middle-game plan.
So, this morning Teresa was going to go to mass – she didn’t go to mass.  This afternoon we were going to visit Esmeralda – we didn’t visit Esmeralda.  This evening she was going to go to mass – she didn’t go to mass.  I know rain had interferred at times, but…

11,835 steps today.

Joke of the day
Four men were in the hospital waiting room because their wives were having babies.
A nurse went up to the first man and said, “Congratulations!  You’re the father of twins.”
“That’s odd,” the man replied.  “I work for the Minnesota Twins!”
A short time later, the nurse returned and said “Congratulations!  You’re the father of triplets!”
“That’s amazing!” answered the man.  “I work for the 3M company!”
Moments later the nurse came out to tell yet another man “Congratulations!  You’re the father of quadruplets!”
“Incredible!” he said “I work for the Four Seasons Hotel!”
The last man looked as if he was going to pass out.  “What’s wrong?” the others asked.
“I work for 7-Eleven!”

No comments:

Post a Comment