Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Monday, April 22, 2019


Today is Earth Day.  But tomorrow, driving will be restricted in the Aburra Valley.  Go figure!

I got up twice during the night getting up for good at 5:30.  Teresa and I left the apt at 6am.  At the end of the block we caught a taxi to Nueva eps.  We only had to wait about 5 minutes for my turn to see a doctor.  Her name was Clara and she spoke pretty good English.  (She said I could ask for her in my future visits.)  She: 1) said my PSA of 3.26 is good, 2) gave us a permission slip to come back at 7:27 tomorrow so I could get a blood draw to check my cholesterol, 3) checked my weight and said it was good for my height, 4) listened to my chest with her stethoscope and said everything sounds good, 5)  gave Teresa a prescription for a couple more shots for my back pain.

When we left Teresa went next door for her exercise class.  I walked a block to Carbon de Leña but at 6:45 I wasn’t surprised it wasn’t open yet.  I caught a bus back to the apt.  I stopped in Exito and picked up a banana and 2 bags of milk.  I had a bowl of granola with the banana.

I left the apt at 7:45 for the gym.  There was a light rain so I was glad to have my umbrella with me.  I completed all my exercises but I don’t know how long it took because I didn’t have my cellphone with me and I didn’t see a clock in the building.  I noticed they now have a water fountain installed on the 1st floor.

Back at the apt I watched about 30 minutes of the Today show.

I took a nap from 10:30 to 11:30 when Teresa came back from the gym.  She mentioned that everyone is admiring her new glass water bottle.

I completed entering and analyzing last week’s games vs Jose.  I also completed the latest group of 40 chess puzzles only getting 7 of 9 correct.

Breaking news:  Twenty five years ago when Teresa divorced her first husband she ended up with an apt in La Estrella.  She then sold it and moved to San Andres.  Now, 25 years later, it turns out the apt owner hasn’t paid the “administration fees” (like homeowners association fees?) in all that time.  Now, I understand a future date will be set and if the guy doesn’t pay the 25 years in back payments the police will kick him out of the apt and it will revert back to Teresa.  To be continued!

I watched Chapter 13 – Defensive play – building a sense of danger.

I finally heard from Jose.  We plan to meet me at 10am at the mall but he’ll call me if Earth Day gives him any problems catching a taxi.

I solved 39 of the next 40 chess puzzles in 70 minutes.

6,517 steps today.

Joke of the day
My wife and I were watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her in bed and said, “Do you want to have sex?”
“No”, she answered.
I then said, “Is that your final answer?”
She didn’t even look at me this time, simply saying, “Yes”.
So I said, “Then I’d like to phone a friend.”
And that’s when the fight started.

No comments:

Post a Comment