Friday, April 26, 2019

Thursday, April 25, 2019


Last night I fell asleep quickly but I woke up at 2am, 4am, and 6am.  I couldn’t fall back asleep after that so I got up at 7am.

Teresa left at 7:45 for an 8am exercise class with Jose.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt.

I took a bus to Envios Market where I picked up my May Reader’s Digest, a 2019 Zurich pension fund package, 2 envelopes of junk mail and an envelope with 2 Capital One credit cards.  The latter was a little surprising; I guess my bankruptcy forgiveness has begun – it has been over 6 years.  I cut up the cards and threw them away.

I walked to Clinica de Medellin where I withdrew a lot of 20 mil bills.

I walked to Starbucks where I had my usual coffee.

I took a bus back to the apt and for some reason traffic today was horrible – maybe because of the light rain.

Teresa gave me my cholesterol test results that she picked up after her gym class.  My HDL and triglycerides were almost identical to last year but my total cholesterol dropped from 186 to 138 probably because my LDL dropped from 114 to 65.

After lunch I walked to the mall and sat down at a table in the Cine Colombia Platinum area.  Natalie soon came over and we chatted a bit.  She is a manager and she mentioned that she doesn’t like her long sleeved uniform because it’s hot.  I solved the remaining 22 puzzles of my 222 set while eating some peanuts and drinking a small Pepsi.  So I completed all 222 puzzles in 6 hours and 18 minutes (over 7 days) and got 95% correct.

After I left I stopped at Arios and had a copy made, bought a package of eggs in Exito and bought a package of Metacarbamol in the pharmacy.

Back at the apt I was surprised to see the bird feeder I had filled this morning was nearly empty.

At 6:30 Teresa ordered chicken wings from Go Wings.  
Surprisingly, our order arrived in only 20 minutes and it was delivered by a girl.

At 7pm I started watching the first round of the NFL draft but I stopped at 9:30 in order to do an hour of reading before bedtime.

I finally heard back from Dr. Ruiz (315 414-1977) that I met at the gym 2 weeks ago.  He apologized for his tardiness in answering my Whatsapp message.  Unfortunately, he specializes in ozone therapy and I didn’t get good vibes from what I read on the internet so I declined but I did ask him if he could refer an English speaking chiropractor.

8,626 steps today.

Joke of the day
My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.  She was not happy with what she saw and said to me, “I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly.  I really need you to pay me a compliment.”
I replied, “Your eyesight’s damn near perfect.”
I’m still recovering from that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment