Saturday, April 13, 2019

Friday, April 12, 2019



I slept well only getting up once during the night.  My back felt a little better than yesterday morning so that’s encouraging.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  The elevator wasn’t working so I had to walk down 3 flights.  I bought a Q’Hubo newspaper for 1,200 pesos on the corner.  Today at the gym I added 10# to 2 of my exercises and 5# to another.  The gym wasn’t very busy today – I imagine it will be even less busy next week.  I finished all my exercises in an hour and 25 minutes.  
Back at the apt the elevator was still out so now I had to walk up 3 flights.
I read in the Q’Hubo that Tuesday April 23rd will be a day without cars.  Everyone is encouraged to use bicycles or public transportation.

Among the new US movie releases I would like to see High Life (6.7) and Stockholm (7.7).  Locally, I would like to see The Curse of the Llorona (7.1) which has lots of showtimes this week at Viva Envigado.  I think we’ll see it next Wednesday.

Laura texted me that she bought a new iPhone XR for $646 so now she’s poor again – but happy.

Teresa and I took a nap from about 2:30 to 3:30.  I don’t think I actually slept but I did rest some.

I left the apt at 3:45 and the elevator was working again.

A block away a woman stopped me and asked me if she continued this way could she walk down the hill.  I told her that she would have to walk 2 blocks and then turn left and she would get to Avenida Las Vegas.  (I didn’t understand all her words but from key words and her gestures I figured out what she wanted.)

At the mall I went up to Cine Colombia and at the entrance I saw a young lady next to 7 computers.  I asked her to show me how the computer works and she demonstrated how I could purchase and print tickets.  I entered the Platinum room and took a table at the far end.  I was the only customer although there were several workers.  One came over and took my order for a small Pepsi.  I was there about an hour eating about 1/3 a bag of peanuts and reading my April Chess Life magazine.  No one threatened to remove me because I brought food in and wasn’t waiting to see a movie.  It was nice because it was air conditioned, had comfortable chairs and tables and I could buy a cold drink.  I left after about an hour.

9,302 steps today.

Joke of the day
“What’s the difference between an introverted scientist and an extroverted scientist?”
“An extroverted scientist looks at YOUR shoes when he talks to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment