Sunday, April 14, 2019

Saturday, April 13, 2019


I left the apt at 9am.  I hadn’t walked (very slowly) a block when I realized I wouldn’t be able to make it with the pain in my lower back.  I stopped and took an Excedrin migraine dry.

I slowly crossed Avenida Poblado and was surprised to see the new gym looking like it was finished.  I went inside and saw a few people working out.  I asked at the front desk and it’s been open since Tuesday.  I told the receptionist I will probably transfer my membership from the Viva Envigado location.

I took a Sabeneta bus and got off outside the Dann Carlton hotel.  Inside with my limited Spanish I obtained a business card with a number I should call after noon.

It only took 10-15 minutes for the Excedrin to kick in and I felt fine.

I walked to Envios Market where I picked up 2 envelopes from BSI Financial – junk mail to me.

Outside waiting for a bus I observed a woman come out of the same building wearing a Chicago t-shirt.  I was afraid I offended her when I laughed.  I apologized and told her I’m from Chicago.

I soon caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado and I got off at Calle 40 Sur.  Across the street I entered the bookstore and exchanged my paperback for another for 2mil.

I added 20mil to my cellphone account at a Gana store.

I stopped at a small electric parts store where I bought a meter of wire for 1,400 pesos.

I stopped and made my first withdrawal from a Banco Caja Social ATM.

I bought another bottle of L-Arginine at the health store.

I bought an avocado for 4mil from a corner vendor.

I stopped at Cotrafa where I paid the epm utility bill.

I took an Envigado bus and got off at the gym.  Inside I met Dr. Juan Alberto Rios Arenas who, per his business card, specializes in Sports Medicine.  I told him about my bad back and he gave me his card and asked me to contact him via Whatsapp.  I got a tour of the new gym from Juan Carlos, who spoke some English, but I soon switched to Spanish.  Therea are 3 floors but it appears that all the machines I will need are on the first floor.  Back at the front desk he transferred my membership from Viva Envigado to this new location called Villa Grande.

Back at the apt I sent Dr. Rios a “hello” Whatsapp message.

I called the Dann Carlton and the operator spoke English and she transferred me to a restaurant.  The person who answered spoke English and he transferred me to Tony Roma’s which I understand is on the roof.  Now I know why they wrote Tony Romas on the business card – they just forgot the apostrophe.  The man who answered didn’t speak English but with my limited Spanish I made a dinner reservation for 3 for 7:30pm on May 11th.  I heard Teresa behind me asking if they serve fish.  Of course!  I still haven’t told her what restaurant we are going to.  Let it be a surprise.

Back at the apt I attached the wire to 2 of the corner eye hooks over the balcony and refilled the hummingbird feeder but when I got outside I realized I was lacking an S-hook in order to hang it.  Sigh!

I waited around for several hours because we were going to visit Esmeralda.  By about 5pm Teresa informed me that we’re going tomorrow because then Alejandro will be there.

I watched Chapter 3 - Secrets of the Opening as Black.

We watched The Perfect Date (6.0) on Netflix.

6,983 steps today.

Joke of the day
One morning a woman said to her husband “I bet you don’t know what day this is.”
“Of course I do,” he indignantly answered, going out the door on his way to the office.
At eleven o’clock, the doorbell rang, and when the woman answered it, she was handed a box containing a dozen long-stemmed roses.
At one o’clock, a foil-wrapped box of her favorite chocolates arrived.
Later in the afternoon, a boutique delivered a designer dress.
The woman couldn’t wait for her husband to get come home.  “First the flowers, then the candy, and then the dress!” she exclaimed when he walked in the door.  “I’ve never had a more wonderful Groundhog Day in my whole life!”

No comments:

Post a Comment