Thursday, April 11, 2019

Wednesday, April 10, 2019


I slept well but woke up at 5am and couldn’t fall back asleep.  I finally got up at 7am and had breakfast with Teresa before she left for her 8am gym class.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 25 minutes.  The gym wasn’t very busy today, perhaps some have already left town for the Easter holiday (holy week).

Back at the apt Teresa called me and I met her for a menu of the day lunch at Asados Rogelio.

I watched the video Chapter 2 - Secrets of the opening as White.

I left for the movie at 3:30.  On my way up the escalator I checked the showtimes and found that the 4:20 showing is dubbed in Spanish.  Drat!  Not the first time I’ve done that.

I called Teresa and invited her to join me for the 6:50 showing which is in English with Spanish subtitles.  I don’t like going to movies late as it messes up my pre-sleep procedures.  She agreed so I bought 2 tickets for 12mil then went upstairs where I had a café con leche and read most of my March Chess Life magazine.

Back at the apt we left at 6pm and I directed her to the Platinum room.  She wasn’t impressed with the menu – sushi, burgers, hot dogs, etc.  She said “no chicken”.  I think she was looking for chicken wings.  I told her “they have chicken nuggets”.  She said “they probably aren’t good”.  I said “why don’t you give them a try?”  She did and proclaimed they were delicious.  Lol.

Five minutes before showtime I bought a small soda for myself and a small popcorn to share.

Pet Sematary (6.3) was good but not great.  I think it’s difficult to create a good horror movie.

It was raining lightly as we came out of the mall so we took a taxi back to the apt.  Soon after we returned it was raining quite a bit harder.

12,416 steps today.

Joke of the day
A scientist tells a pharmacist, “Give me some prepared tablets of acetylsalicylic acid.”
“Do you mean aspirin?” asks the pharmacist.
The scientist slaps his forehead.  “That’s it!” He says.  “I can never remember the name.”

No comments:

Post a Comment