Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Monday, April 8, 2019


I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.  
Teresa had already left for the gym but obviously she had ordered milk and 2 bananas to be delivered.

My back felt so weak and sore that I took ½ an Excedrin along with my muscle relaxant Methacarbamol.

I had a bowl of granola and a banana for breakfast.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  My new water bottle feels a little heavy but it certainly kept my water cold.  I still had about ½ a glass left over by the end of my workout.  They still do not have wifi working.  I finished all my exercises in 90 minutes.

Back at the apt Teresa has a little bruise on her kness but I understand it didn’t slow her down in her workout.  She picked up my blood results and I have a PSA of 3.26.  Why didn’t they test my cholesterol at the same time?  Sigh!  We have an appointment to meet with a doctor on Monday, April 15th to review my PSA results.

I heard from Jose and we’re on track to play chess tomorrow.

I think I’ve figured out that my back problem comes after I’ve laid down for awhile.  I’m okay if I sit in a chair but after lying down it soon feels sore and weak.

About 2:30 Teresa and I took a taxi to Mayorista for groceries.  The taxi was going through a “toll booth” at the entrance when suddenly we were thrown forward.  Either we hit something or the driver slammed on his brakes.  I think what happened is the gate came down and the driver slammed on the brakes.  We were shaken but okay and the driver had words with the person inside the guardhouse.

I helped Teresa pick up some groceries and then I went outside for a café con leche.  About 4:20 it started raining and didn’t stop until about 5:30 as we were leaving.

We were back at the apt by 5:45.

I asked Teresa how she liked her new water bottle and she said everyone at the gym is asking her where she got it.  At one point I picked it up and showed her how easy it is to use with one hand and I ended up pouring water on myself.  Lol.  I didn’t know it wasn’t empty.

Today I bought an online chess course from grandmaster Simon Williams aka The Ginger GM for $55.99.  I’ve used some of his free online courses before and they are really good.

I watched some of the NCAA championship game.  It was exciting until the overtime period when Virginia pulled ahead 85-77.

8,061 steps today.

Joke of the day
“Has your son decided what he wants to be when he grows up?” I asked my friend.
“He wants to be a garbage man,” he replied.
“That’s an unusual ambition to have at such a young age.”
“Not really.  He thinks that garbage men work only on Tuesdays.”

No comments:

Post a Comment