Sunday, April 21, 2019

Saturday, April 20, 2019


I slept well finally waking at 6:30am and getting up at 7am.

I met Marcos at Eduardo Madrid Bakery just before 9am.  I had 2 café con leches and a toasted sesame bagel and he had a café con leche.  He is 67 years old (from his wrinkles he looks closer to 80), originally from New York, and has a 36 year old Venezuelan girlfriend whose apt he pays for in Itagui.  She has 2 sons – 13 and 15 years old who are several grades behind partially because all they do all day is play video games.  He says the 15 year old still sucks his thumb.  Yikes!  When we left just before 10am he showed me a place called Resturante de Arelys in La Buena Mesa at Carrera 45A #30A Sur 13 (308 2704) that serves and delivers New York Style Pizza.

Teresa and I left the apt at 11:15 and took a taxi to the Itagui clinic by Avenida 80.  We sat in the waiting room for barely 5 minutes before she was called.  She came out 15 minutes later and I understood the doctor said the “lipoma” on the back of her leg was nothing to worry about.  I guess she was getting a second opinion.
We took a taxi back to Envigado and were dropped off at La Bahia.  Teresa was ahead of me as I walked the 3 steps up to the restaurant.  She veered off to a table on the left and I walked diagonally towards her not seeing the dropoff.  I didn’t fall but I was jolted and my core (back) was shaken for a few seconds.  It’s probably a good thing I work out or those things might be a bigger problem for me.

Afterwards she went to get her mother and I returned to the apt.  I picked up my chess tactics book and walked to the mall.  At Habia Una Vez it took me 64 minutes to solve 38 of the next 40 puzzles.

Teresa arrived with her mother and they had frozen yogurt at Percimmon.  After they finished we noticed it was raining outside but luckily it only lasted for another 20 minutes or so.

Teresa took MT home and I returned to the apt.  On my way I slipped on one of the painted arrows at the gas station.  Again no harm done but someday I won’t be so lucky.  I think Teresa is right, I need gym shoes with different soles.

Teresa called me and we’re going to meet later at restaurant La Doctora in La Buena Mesa.

At 6pm I heard a loud clap of thunder but so far no more rain.

I watched Chapter 11 – Efficient calculation technique.

Teresa called me at 6:30 and asked me to meet her next door at Exito and to bring my umbrella.  It was raining while we walked to La Doctora.  We were the only ones there.  Teresa ordered the baby beef and I ordered the waitress’s recommendation – a sirloin steak called La Doctora.  I also had a baked potato with butter and a strawberry juice with milk which is similar to a milk shake.  The amount of meat they give you is incredible.  I managed to finish mine – I can’t believe I ate the whole thing – but Teresa came up a little short.  The baby beef is still my favorite but in the future I want to try their pepper steak and their ribs.  The total bill, including tax and tip, was 93,417COP or $30.73.

9,938 steps today.

Joke of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment