Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tuesday, April 2, 2019


I slept pretty well finally getting up at 8am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then I left for the mall while Teresa left for the gym.

I stopped first at Mr. Kutz but Jose told me that Leo was in an auto accident with a moto and he has some things to do today.  I got Jose’s business card and sent him a Whatsapp message to ensure a connection.

At Café Arangos I had a café con leche while doing some basic chess puzzles in my book.  OMG have I regressed.  I barely got half of them right so I’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

I left after an hour and walked back to the apt.  Teresa returned just before 1pm as she had coffee with a friend after her gym class.

We left the apt at 3:15 and quickly caught a taxi to Pricesmart.  
Teresa said she wanted another case of Almond Milk but besides that she just wanted to look around.  In addition she picked up 4 dozen eggs, a container of Tumeric, cans of tuna, and a large carrot cake without frosting.  I picked up a box of 2 packages of Post Great Grains cereal.

When we returned to the apt she found that the cans of tuna were with the “finest herbs” and she didn’t want that so she wants to return it.

With some difficulty I enrolled in a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime Video.  I wanted to rent The Firm but they had a problem with my billing info.

I found Game Night (7.0) on Direct TV and enjoyed watching it one more time.  This is one movie that I think is underrated.  Even the credits are interesting.

8,392 steps today.

Joke of the day
Reaching the end of an extensive job interview, the HR person asked a young engineer fresh out of college, "And what starting salary were you looking for?"
The engineering graduate said, "In the range of $100,000 - 125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."
The HR person said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5 weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, a company matching retirement fund for 50% of your salary, and a company car leased every 2 years -- say, a brand new BMW?"
The engineering graduate sat up straight and said, "Wow! Are you kidding?"
And the interviewer replied, "Yeah, but you started it."

No comments:

Post a Comment