Friday, April 12, 2019

Thursday, April 11, 2019


I slept well getting up once during the night, waking at 6am and getting up at 7am.

Teresa had already left for the gym.

I left at 7:30 and walked to Carbon de Leña where I had calentao with scrambled eggs and a café con leche.  Teresa and Cynthia her friend from the gym joined me as I was finishing.  Last night Teresa told me that Cynthia was inviting her to breakfast so I should just pay for myself.  I finished and wanted to leave and it was a little akward as I got out 10mil to pay for my food.  I thanked Cynthia and they got up and left leaving me to pay the bill.

I walked to the bookstore arriving right at 9am and it was still closed.  I’ll probably try again Saturday morning.

I went to a BBVA ATM and withdrew their maximum of 300mil.
At Cotrafa I paid the Une bill and at $efecty I paid the Direct TV bill.

It was about this time I noticed some joint pain in my right hip.  Not for the first time.  (It went away soon after I had returned to the apt.)

I stopped at the flower store and bought a mixed bouquet for 6mil ($2).

Due to the soreness in my right hip I took a bus back to Buena Mesa.

I watched most of the 2nd hour of the Today show.

Teresa arrived at 10:30 and asked me why I didn’t pay the restaurant bill for all of us?  Sigh!

About 2:30 we took a taxi to Mayorca where I understood we were looking to buy a specific protein powder.  I asked her where specifically and she kept saying “martes”.  Finally I understood she was saying “smartfit” when we arrived there.  Nearby we found a store called Nitro Fit and Teresa introduced me to a young lady who is into sports and works out at her Smartfit.  We bought a container of Sascha Fitness Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate for 180mil ($60).  This better be good.

After we left we found the mall’s bowling alley.  Pretty cool.  Eight lanes and they rent balls, shoes and socks.  We’ll have to come back here sometime.  Teresa says she knows how to bowl so we’ll see.

She spent at least 30 minutes in the Nike store trying on discounted walking shoes.  Asking me which one do I like better?  One pair was too tight another too loose.  I noticed she was trying them on without socks.  I asked her if she’s going to wear the new shoes with socks and she said yes.  So, how do you know if they fit well if you don’t try them on with socks, I wondered.  We finally left without her buying anything.

We went upstairs where we had a snack at Crepes & Waffles.

We took a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa almost died when I opened the container protein and it appears to only be 2/3 full.

About 7:30 we took a taxi to Antica Pizza for our weekly pizza fix.

10,560 steps today.

Joke of the day
A crafty young bard named McMahon,
Whose poetry never would scan,
Once said, with a pause,
“It’s probably because,
I’m always trying to cram as many extra syllables into the last line as I possibly can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment