Saturday, April 15, 2023

Friday, April 14, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, quickly fell asleep, woke up at 4am, made a trip to the bathroom, took an allergy pill, and returned to bed, finally waking/getting up at 6:45am.

Today for the first time in my 10 years here I had a run-in with a Colombian.

I left the apt just after 8am and walked to the mall. I completed my usual exercise routine in Smartfit. This time I took my shower in the next to last stall and the door catch worked and the water seemed a little less cold for some reason and lasted at least 10 seconds before having to push the button again.

I went to Exito where I picked up a Gente newspaper. Back inside the mall proper I paid for our cellphone plans in Claro. Going down the escalator I thought I saw an available table at Urbania. There was a 4-top but since I didn’t need that much space, I took the last small rectangular table that was available. On one side of the table there is a bench you sit on and on the other is a single chair. Only problem was there was stuff sitting on the chair. I saw 2 guys sitting at the next table and on the other side were 6 ladies with tables pushed together and they were working together on laptops. My mistake is I moved the stuff from the chair to the floor so I could put my stuff (gym bag, tech bag, and fanny pack) on the chair. I sat down and a couple minutes later the guy sitting at the next table closest to the stuff started giving me a hard time. Over time I understood he brought a chair from another table and put it there so he could put his stuff on it. I don’t know how I was supposed to know that. My mistake was I didn’t ask everyone if the stuff was there’s. He repeatedly used the word, “respect”, and as he was finally leaving he even started complaining to the ladies at the next table. I’d finally had enough and gave him the middle finger. Just a misunderstanding but he wouldn’t let it go. He soon left with his buddy and I stayed about an hour. Laura texted me about joining us on our vacation in Madrid and Athens. I sent her our “hotel” reservations and the approximate cost. If she wants to join us she can just pay for the room upgrades.

In Exito I ran into Jerry in the soda aisle. He was with a lady friend visiting from Denver. We chatted a bit about touristy things and promised to meet over coffee soon. I picked up an 8-pack of Coke and returned to the apt by taxi.

Around noon Teresa texted that she was with a gf and asked me to meet her for lunch at Otra Parte at 1:30.

I arrived a couple minutes early and at 1:40 I called Teresa and it sounded like she answered but it sounded strange. She arrived 5 minutes later and informed me her cellphone battery was dead. I had their dish called Mama Pastora (pasta and chicken breast with teriyaki sauce) and a mango juice and Teresa had Ajiaco soup and a bottle of water. I tasted the broth of her soup for the first time and it was pretty good. The check came to about 64mil ($14) including tip and I paid in cash. Teresa had a jean jacket with her and she returned to the apt to start working on it. I walked to Los PorteƱos where I had a small latte while solving chess puzzles for an hour. Workers brought 8 large bags of coffee that were taken upstairs.



Teresa texted me about seeing a movie tonight. The only title I can figure out is “I Love My Dad” which starts at 5:10pm and 8:10pm.

I picked up 2 bags of milk on the way back to the apt.

Teresa started decorating one of the denim jackets.

I checked where we’re staying in Madrid and Greece and gave Laura the approximate difference, that she would have to pay, if we had to upgrade to a larger place.

I finished season 1 of Boardwalk Empire (8.6) on MTV.

 

tRump’s Arrest



 

No comments:

Post a Comment