Saturday, April 22, 2023

Friday, April 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I left just before 9, gifted the chocolate bar from yesterday to the portero and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple batteries then showed a security guard my package of underwear with the security tag still attached. He put a paper tag on the package and a young man took me to Exito where another young man removed the security tag. At Auros I had them print Teresa’s blood test results and my list of the top 10 position rankings for the NFL draft which begins next Thursday and I picked up a Gente newspaper.

The mall is having what I thought was an auto show throughout the mall but I also saw bicycles, dune buggies, motorcycles and an airplane.




I went up to the 4th floor and entered Smartfit using my userid and password without any problem. I completed my regular routine with only a few seconds of waiting on other people. (I still have a little discomfort on my right knee when I do the seated leg curls. ) I took my shower this time in the 3rd stall from the far end with no problem. I guess I’m getting used to the cold water especially since I’m overheated.

I went down to the 1st floor and had a latte and a glass of ice water in Urbania. The English-speaking chica seemed to already know about my embarrassing encounter last Friday. She told me tomorrow is her birthday so I wished her an early birthday and many more.

I left about 45 minutes later and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa returned just after noon.

I left the apt about 2:30 and walked down to the Servientrega store on Ave Las Vegas where I showed a screen print of my Tigo/Une bill at the $efecty window. He couldn’t find my account from that so I showed him my bill from the previous month which didn’t work either. I showed him the entire bill Tigo/Une sent me last December and then he was able to find my account and I paid the bill of 68,492 pesos ($15).

I went next door to Maca but the inside was gutted so either its under remodeling or it’s closed for good. I walked across the street to another strip mall to a café called Cannell. I saw some cookies that looked like macadamia nut with chocolate chips but the chica said they were blueberries with something else I didn’t understand. I had one with a latte and went through my cellphone for an hour or so.



I stopped at Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt and bought 2 ripe plantains that Teresa requested.

I had an Amazon order delivered in Florida on March 27th (my salted-in-the-shell peanuts) so I Whatsapp’d Gisela to ask about it. She informed me it was in their Miami warehouse along with 2 other packages and 4 envelopes. I asked her to forward me everything she has for me. I hope they arrived in time for the NFL Draft next Thursday.

I finished season 2 of Boardwalk Empire (8.6) on MTV.

For supper I ordered Peruvian food from Chiclayo. I wasn’t hungry so I just ate the French fries and saved my entrée for tomorrow.

Teresa was tired but wanted to see her soap opera at 9:30 so I suggested she take a nap now and I’d get her up when it starts. After I got her up I soon went to bed.

 

tRump’s Arrest




No comments:

Post a Comment