Sunday, April 16, 2023

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, took a while to fall asleep, woke up at 3am, made a trip to the bathroom, took an allergy pill, and returned to bed. Teresa was breathing hard and it took a few of my movements for her to settle down, I fell back asleep, woke up at 6:30, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

A fumigation guy arrived just after 9:15 (all the towers were scheduled this week) and sprayed the outer walls. I assume this is mainly for cockroaches, luckily, we seldom see them here.

I’m trying to find reasonable flights (time and price) for a trip to Chicago in September to renew my driver’s license. Quite the challenge.

Teresa informed me she’s going with her mother to Panamericana to buy more sprinkles for her jackets. I took a pass and planned to meet Glenn at Barrio Sur for lunch.

Glenn and I ended up at Black Pepper. He ordered corn soup and I French onion soup. I also ordered a burger and a limonada de coco and he a Cesar salad. The waiter informed me they didn’t have French onion soup so I switched to the corn soup. When I reminded him of the limonada de coco he soon returned and said they didn’t have that so I switched to a bottle of war. While we were there it started raining pretty heavily. We took our time leaving and he ordered a Didi and I walked around the corner to Los Portenos.

I haven’t heard so much English in a long time. A couple with 2 kids were sitting outside speaking both Spanish and English. A young man came in with his son at the age where they lose their baby teeth and the father spoke Spanish to his son who answered in English. Interesting.

At Teresa’s request I stopped in Tienda D1 and bought her a package of arepas before returning to the apt.

Later Teresa called and invited me to join her and her mother for epinadas at La Estacion. I wasn’t hungry so I took a pass. She returned with morcilla (blood sausage) for herself and I had an apple with peanut butter.

I found a combination in my game against Troyclough and I’m up a rook and a pawn.

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment