Friday, April 21, 2023

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 7:15 to pick up one of her monthly medications, we’re going to meet for breakfast at Los Porteños, and then I’m going to meet Marcos in Parva at 9:30.

Teresa returned by 7:30 with her medications and informed me she’d be making breakfast here.

Marcos texted me, “…have to cancel café today. The plan was to leave Colombia Monday, April 24th. As of this writing she [Marcos’ girlfriend] is not going. Problems with her son and school. Will call when we or I return to Mde”.

Teresa is going to meet a girlfriend in Laureles this afternoon so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

After breakfast I had coffee in Los Porteños where I finished my Woodpecker Method test. I watched a small dog play “fetch” by himself by carrying a ball up an incline and then dropping it.


😊 I checked Cine Colombia and they have Beau is Scared (7.4) opening with a 1:50pm showtime.

On my way back to the apt I picked up a sleeve of 6 bagels for 18,300 pesos ($4) in Eduardo Madrid bakery.

I soon left again and walked to the mall. On the way I heard jackhammers in McDonald’s parking lot. It looks like they’re going to replace the asphalt.

Cine Colombia still had their gates down so I went up a level and had lunch in Only Roastbeef for 35mil ($7.75). Back downstairs I bought a preferred seat for 15,600 pesos. I made my last trip to the restroom, bought a Cine Combito for 15,300 ($3.40) pesos and entered the theater. Twice during the movie an usher came in and walked up the aisle; I wonder if this is a new security procedure. The 2 hour 59 minute movie was very strange, just not as strange as Everything, Everywhere, All at the Same Time which I walked out of. Teresa called me about 4:30 and I messaged her I was in a movie and I would be back by 5:30. After the movie I bought 2 bags of milk and 3 bananas in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

Teresa was supposed to have a 6pm massage but Kelly cancelled on her at the last minute. Teresa told me Kelly is diabetic and has to take insulin 3 times a day. That can’t be cheap. Well, maybe here.

I watched another episode of Boardwalk Empire.

 

tRump’s Arrest





No comments:

Post a Comment