Monday, April 3, 2023

Sunday, Aptil 2, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 4:15, again at 6:15, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Today must be Palm Sunday in the Roman Catholic world as Teresa left at 8:30 for La Ceja and a special mass.

I left the apt at 8:40 in a Didi. The driver didn’t know the shortest way because he didn’t have the sound on his cellphone’s Waze app. I pointed out the shortest way to the expressway and turned on my Waze app to give turn by turn directions. I arrived at Hija Mia Nomada right at 9am and Glenn was waiting outside with Bianca. We got the last large table inside but Bianca is never a problem for people, only occasionally for other dogs. We discussed a number of topics and I brought him up to date on my vacation planning progress.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado, they got out at Jumbo as usual and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I bought a preferred IMAX ticket for 21,700 pesos for the 2:15 showtime of John Wick 4 (8.3). In H&M I found a suitable pair of shorts for the gym for 49,900 pesos so I can switch them every week or so.

I went down to Urbania and had a latte to kill time. Back upstairs I ordered a medium popcorn, large soda, and hotdog 10 minutes before showtime. Unfortunately, the concession girl didn’t ring it up right and she had to get a manager who wrang up everything incorrectly again in order to cancel it. The real total came to 41,000 pesos. Since the pandemic they no longer have onions or relish for the hotdogs so it was just mustard for me. Not very tasty, in the future I’ll order a sandwich from Only Roastbeef even if I have to sneak it in the theater.

As soon as the coming attractions started I knew it was going to be loud so I put in my earplugs and could still hear fine. I ate about half the popcorn and drank some of the Coke but left after an hour because it was nothing but nonstop fighting.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa returned by 4:30; she said she walked from the Ayura station to the apt.

Tonight the transit police returned with what looked like a tow truck idling nearby. Not sure exactly what you call it but it was a flatbed truck with one of those winches you could use to haul up a car. The cars are visiting the market to save money, start fining the cars and they’ll quickly stop parking illegally.

I watched another episode of The West Wing.

 

Today I got in 2,985 steps.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment