Friday, April 7, 2023

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm but was awakened at 1:45am by Teresa’s light snoring. I made a trip to the bathroom, took an allergy pill, moved my sheet and pillow to the guest bedroom, soon fell back asleep and didn’t wake up until 5:30 and got up at 6:15am.

While making breakfast somehow Teresa spilled some water on her cellphone and now the speaker sounds “tinny”. I asked her why she doesn’t have a case for it and she said it was old. Then why didn’t you buy a new one? A few minutes later I guess the speaker had dried out enough and it was fine.

After his early blunder of a knight, Troyclough resigned the game and my rating is now 1604. 😊 The problem now is if I lose to him I’m going to lose a ton of points.

New features opening today in Cine Colombia include;

Air: The Story Behind the Logo (7.8): I want to see that one.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (7.5): for children.

Decision to Leave (7.3): in Korean, so “no”.

The Night of the 12th (7.1): In French, so “no”.

The Pope’s Exorcist (6.2): Uh, no!

I met Marcos in Parva with my laptop. He suggested we take a day trip to Toledo from Madrid and also recommended we see a show of flamenco (sp?) dancers. He’s getting some pushback from his girlfriend about going to Europe for a month because she’s afraid of leaving her 15-year old and 17-year old sons alone that long.

I found a map of the Athens metro that I’ll print tomorrow.

I reserved an apartment called A Painter’s House in Plaka for our first 3 nights in Greece Monday, September 1st to Monday, September 4th for $360 and a taxi to take us there from the airport upon our arrival. We should be close to the metro, acropolis, Monastiraki (flea market), and downtown.

On the way back to the apt I bought 2 ripe plantains and 5 limes (what Colombians call lemons).

Teresa has a cold so now she’s napping often.

I left the apt at 5pm and walked to the mall. I was shocked there were so many people in Cine Colombia. Could they be there for the new Mario Bros. movie? I waited in line to buy a preferred seat for Air for 20,100 pesos. I went upstairs to Only Roastbeef and bought a medium BBQ sandwich to go and stuck it in my tech bag. Back downstairs I waited in a slow line to buy their smallest popcorn and small soda which comes with a chocolate bar for 15,300. The salesgirl reminded me I’ve got 946 points I can use.

I managed to finish eating my sandwich before the movie started. I would say there were a couple of dozen people in attendance. I enjoyed the movie and for about a minute they played the music the United Center used to play when introducing the Bulls team.

Did I ever tell the story of running into Michael Jordan in person? It was sometime in the mid-1990s when my kids were taking Saturday swim lessons at a local YMCA. As usual after the lesson they hit the vending machines for a snack. At the same time Michael Jordan’s teenage sons were in a basketball tournament there and they hit the vending machines also. Tall dude! 😊 My best guess is he may have been playing for the Chicago White Sox at that time.

I went to Exito to buy eggs but, it being 8:30, it was closed. I waited in a short line to return to the apt by taxi. I gifted the chocolate bar to the portero.

I started reading the paperback, Wanderer by Sterling Hayden (yes, the actor) but I couldn’t get into it so I started another John Jakes novel.

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment