Saturday, April 8, 2023

Friday, April 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, made a trip to the bathroom at 2:15, took an allergy pill, soon fell back asleep and didn’t wake up until 6:15 and got up at 6:45am. Teresa has a cold so she slept in the guest room.

Today is Good Friday.

I left the apt at 8:15 in my gym clothes with a gym bag and walked to the mall. The streets were nearly deserted, same with the mall.

I stopped at Auros but they couldn’t find the emails I forwarded last night. While standing there I sent them again and this time I could see them arrive on his screen. No Gente newspapers today, probably because it’s a holiday. I took the back elevator up to the 4th floor to Smartfit. Their turnstile doesn’t recognize my user-id so, like last time, I showed my cedula and the girl verified my account and allowed me to enter. I put my gym bag and other stuff in the locker and secured it with my combination padlock. I was doing the seated leg curl exercise and thought it was too easy at 40# so I upped it by 10# but felt pain on the top of my knee (very strange) so I went back down to 40#. At the Ave Poblado Smartfit I’ve been doing the treadmill at speed 4 for 6 minutes but the one I used today was so much faster I only lasted 4 minutes. When I finished, I went to the furthest shower. First, the slide lock didn’t work. Second, the water was cold! Third, when you push the button the water only came out for about 10 seconds. I guess I’ll be choosing a different shower stall next time. I changed into my street clothes.

I made an ATM withdrawal, bought a blueberry muffin in Starbucks then went to Urbania. I had my choice of tables because literally no customers were there. (As time went on it got a little busy.) I read through my vacation confirmations then tried to solve a few chess puzzles. Teresa called me and asked me to pick up chicken from Frisby. About 11:30 I paid for my latte, bought a large carton of eggs in Exito then went back to the mall proper and ordered an entire chicken to go at Frisby, sin arepas, sin guantes, sin cubiertos plastico, sin salsas, sin papas. It soon was ready and I returned, hands full, back to the apt by taxi.

Teresa is felling pretty bad from her cold, napping on and off throughout the day.

Just before 4pm we had a short shower.

I watched more episodes of The West Wing.

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment