Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt just after 9am and stopped at the Bancolombia kiosk in La Buena Mesa where I had about a dozen medical result pages printed for Teresa for 5,500 pesos. I continued on to Parva and set up my laptop.

Remember I have a $467.80 credit with Avianca and a $515.50 credit with COPA.

I looked at an Avianca & COPA round-trip MDE to ORD for Friday, September 22nd to Wednesday, September 27th.

Avianca - $875.55

Friday, 9/22 8am – 7:28pm

Wednesday, 9/27 10:57am-10:05pm

 

COPA - $689.15

Friday, 9/22 6:58pm – 9:51am (Saturday)

Wednesday, 9/27 8:38am-5:17pm

I read that COPA has a 10% senior citizen (over 60 years old) discount, depending on the country of origin and destination and I can learn more by calling them at 1-800-359-2672.

I then looked at the original Orbitz email and found:

How credits and vouchers work

  • Airlines set the policies for their credits.
  • Typically, airline credits expire 1 year from the original booking date (this can vary by airline).
  • The airline may charge a fee when you use the credit to book new travel. Expect to pay any fare differences, as well as taxes and fees.
  • You can use the credit for Copa flights. Their policies might limit your choices when rebooking (like fare class and destinations).
  • You can use your credit for airfare only. Credits cannot be used for add-on items like bags, seats, or upgrades.
  • When using your credit, you'll need to book new flights that leave from the same country as your original ticket.
  • Airlines do not allow us to combine credits. Only the person on the original ticket can use that credit.
  • To book new travel with your credit, be sure to book your flight separately from other parts of your trip. We can't apply credits toward a flight purchase that is part of a vacation package.
  • We can't apply a credit after a flight is booked.

The significance of this is I personally only have a $233.90 credit with Avianca and a $257.75 credit with COPA because the other half is for Teresa. (Maybe we need to use the credits on a short trip somewhere like Aruba.)

Marcos called me using Whatsapp from Madrid and told me the hostel (Hostal Inter Plaza Mayor) is very basic but close to everything and sent me these photos of their room:






I think I’m ready to book our room there for September.

About 11:30 I returned to our apt. Workers at Ara are removing the part of the parking that is basically a ramp from the street.

Well, I finally found my PSA result (0.02 ng/mL) on the Cedimed website (I had changed the password from my cedula number to one I commonly use) but I couldn’t figure out how to print it so I saved a screenshot to my PC.

I booked and paid for Hostal Inter Plaza Mayor for 8/30 – 9/1 and 9/12 – 9/14 for $104 each set of days.

It’s 2:30 and I hear some rumblings. Looking north I see blue skies with white fluffy clouds and to the south there is a dark cloud with thunder and lightning. 😊 It soon got dark with lots of wind and thunder but no rain. Correction: it rained hard for about 5 minutes then a few minutes later the skies cleared.

I watched a couple more episodes of Boardwalk Empire and finished season 3.

We had a little more rain in the evening.

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment