Saturday, December 17, 2016

Friday, December 16, 2016

Another overcast day.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see A Kind of Murder (5.4), Solace (6.4), and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (8.3).

Locally, I would like to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (8.3) playing in Oviedo, Unicentro and El Tesoro.

We left the apt at 10am and I took the small umbrella even though Teresa believed we wouldn’t need it.  We were at El Tesoro by 10:20 for her 11am appointment.

I made a withdrawal from an ATM and then we stopped in Fedco looking for a back brush for the shower that we had seen in their Santafe location.  They didn’t have exactly what we were looking for.

We waited 25 minutes in the dentist’s office before he saw Teresa.  Her procedure took about an hour and he showed me up close what he was doing.  We kid a lot with each other, for example: “I asked him how long is the warranty on his work today?” He replied “10 minutes”.  I told him “in that case he should have lunch with us.”
He had told me that there might be an extra 75mil charge but after he was done he gave us a 75 mil credit.  We’ll be in next month for cleaning so we’ll use it up then.

We had a nice lunch in J&C Delicias for 68,600 pesos (about $23) including tax and tip.

We quickly caught a taxi to Martha’s office.  On the way it started raining and while in the office it became a downpour.  They had all my papers for the visa application but the visa wasn’t in my passport.  I asked if something was wrong and was told no but later they showed me an email from the embassy that they mailed my visa on Monday so I guess we’re still waiting on it.

I was told that we need to go to immigration and file for an extension because my visa expires today.  (I know now that I need to start the renewal process a month before the expiration date of the visa.)

Martha took us there in her car.  I see she has a new office setup near the immigration office.  By the time we got there it had stopped raining.

In immigration we talked to a man at the “reception desk” and he sent us to another man in back.  I understood from what I heard from them “we can’t help you” and “last hour” and he wrote down “embassy certificate” on a piece of paper.  When we left Teresa said that all of the documents are wrong.  Back at Martha’s office #2 she disagreed with their assessment and read something to Teresa from 4 printed pages.  I thought she said that her daughter is a lawyer and several time she said everything will be all right.
She dropped us off a little further down Avenida Ochenta.  We quickly caught a taxi but traffic was about the worst I’ve seen and it took over an hour to get back to the apt.

I received an email from MBE that I have documents waiting for pickup.  Now what?

Btw, I never received the SS Benefits Letter that I ordered and was supposed to be delivered to the apt.  Maybe this is the benefits letter that I receive every year although usually that comes in January – too late for me to use for renewing my visa.

The ribs of our smallest, simplest umbrella is now broken so I ordered a new one from Shedrain.com for $15 + $5 shipping.

I spent another 50 minutes on Chess Magnet School tactics and was promoted to Captain (level 16 of 21).


T-shirt of the day: XXX-XX-LXXXIII (For those of you not up-to-speed on your Roman Numerals, this translates to 3-2-83 so I assume his birthday is February 3rd, 1983. (Latinos put the day before the month).)

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn´t hire an immigration lawyer. I know is a drag but try to deal with the process yourself, it´ll cost you nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not using a lawyer. We're using a service that will allow us NOT to have to go to Bogota. The problem is we should have started the process 2 weeks earlier. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you be entitle to Nationlity? Itll save you money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 5 years but Colombia is very clever. Each year you renew your visa a few days earlier so after 5 years you're a few weeks short and have to renew for a 6th year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhap you can apply soon due to your relationship with Teresa. You don´t have to be married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I could but it would be 3 years either way.

    ReplyDelete