Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Monday, December 26, 2016

I slept well finally getting up at 9am.

It’s a mostly sunny morning.

I did some morning exercises because I understand we won’t be going back to the gym until next week.

After breakfast Teresa had some words with Laura and then the latter left.

Teresa complained to me that Laura’s too tranquillo (calm or lackadaisical).  She sleeps until 11am and doesn’t want to go to school or work.  Teresa told me she’s always worked hard and sometimes while studying at the same time.  Teresa told her she’s going to be 20 years old and can get her own apt and take care of herself and we’ll live together alone.  To be continued!

I informed Teresa that I have only 19,000 pesos in cash to last the remainder of this week.  She told me I could borrow some cash from her mother.  I said only in an emergency.  She reminded me that we have a container half full of 500 and 1,000 peso coins that we can exchange for bills at $efecty.  That sounds like a plan.  I also have $45 in my checking account and $50 in the savings account.  I transferred the latter to the former in case we need to go to Immigration this week.  But that’s it until my pension money comes in – which should be on Saturday.

I completed another hour of tactics on Chess Magnet School.

We didn’t even have enough minutes left in the cell phone to call Martha to see if my visa is ready.  I took 10 1,000-peso coins out of our piggy bank and went to Gano to have minutes added.

At 2:30 it started drizzling slightly.

I finished chapter 4 – Passed Pawn in Aron Nimzowitsch’s My System.

I watched Episode 5, chapter 3, Part 1 and Episode 6, chapter 3, Part 2 of Ascension.  I see that the mini-series is from 2014 so I guess that’s all they made of it.

Teresa’s mother has diarrhea so at 5:30 Teresa went to make her soup and give her some Immodium.

I checked and last year the charge to apply for my new Cedula was 162,000 pesos so I’d better keep $75 available on my debit card.

I watched Season 1, Episode 2 of Battlestar Galactica.

Teresa came back and reported that her mother didn't need the Immodium and is feeling much better.


T-shirt of the day: I really need a day between Saturday and Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. ¡Saludos, Terry!

    Me parece que Ud. se ha puesto de paisa –y muy frugal.

    Ud. hace buen progreso.

    Buena suerte . . .

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume "Ud" is short for "usted" but "puesto de paisa" translated to "country post". Can you explain further?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, yes Ud. is an everyday abbreviation for usted.

    So . . . 'se ha puesto de paisa' means to say, 'you have become (more) like a paisa'. It's based on the verb construction, 'ponerse de', to become, in reference to you cashing in all those mil peso coins to add some minutes to your cellphone.

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete