Saturday, December 24, 2016

Friday, December 23, 2016

Last night I slept very well finally getting up at 9am.

It’s another very overcast cool morning.  Yahoo!

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Passengers (6.8) and Patriots Day (7.1).  Locally, I would like to see Passengers (6.8) playing in Oviedo.

I’m getting down to the last few hundred dollars for this month.  I’m also running out of petty cash.  My conundrum is that if I take out too much cash now I might not be able to use my debit card for Teresa’s hairdo today or for groceries tomorrow.

We left the apt at noon for Teresa’s hair appointment across from La Visitacion.  (We both took umbrellas as we left because it was misting slightly.)  I guess Laura had called for a Uber car because there was a car waiting for us as soon as we walked out of the apartment.  It cost 17,000 pesos which I thought was a little more than usual but worth it in these days when it’s hard to catch a taxi.  (Another good reason to have a smartphone.)

In the mall’s food court I had a FriSnack at Frisby and Teresa had Sancocho (sp?) at another restaurant.  (While waiting for our food I made a quick trip to the restroom where I bought a package of toilet paper from a vending machine for 200 pesos.  At one point while sitting at our table Teresa asked me to look behind me.  Over my shoulder, standing in line, was a young girl.  She had large breasts and one of those t-shirts cutoff just below the breasts to show her midriff and small stomach.  Yes, she looked very sexy!)   

Teresa got to her appointment a couple minutes early and I walked over to Zona Dos.

At Krispy Kreme I had a large latte and NY Cheesecake donut for 7,600 pesos (about $2.50).  I read my Nook while enjoying my snack.

I had emailed my brother about Teresa’s habit of constantly freezing, defrosting, and refreezing things like bacon, hamburgers, lunchmeat and cheese.  He suggested I buy plastic wrap and freezer bags to wrap them in smaller quantities.

I stopped at Carulla where I bought 100 square ft of clear plastic wrap (I'm pretty sure we've already got some in the apt somewhere) and a box of 20 freezer bags for a total of 8,260 pesos (about $3).  Tomorrow morning we make a trip to Mayorista for more food.  I'll be watching for the right products in the cart and when we get home I'll start packaging them.  Hopefully, Teresa will learn from my example.

Back at Krispy Kreme I had another latte and donut.  There was a young lady sitting next to me with an Apple phone.  I asked her if she didn’t think it would attract thieves but she said she wasn’t concerned.

Back at the beauty shop I paid 102,000 pesos for Teresa’s hairdo.
Across the street right away she said it’s difficult catching a taxi today.  Two minutes later we had one.  Today was another example of the driver shutting my car door because he was afraid I was going to slam it.

This ride only cost me 11,000 pesos.

About 5:30 Teresa sent me out for milk.  As long as I was out could I please stop at the bakery and pick up 2 almojabanas for her because she was cold (I consider it delightfully refreshing) and wanted to have them with coffee.  At the bakery they didn’t have them so I bought 2 pan de queso (just a different type of cheese bread) for her and a croissant for me.

I did another 30 minutes of tactics on Chess Magnet School.

I watched Season 1, Episode 1 of Battlestar Galactica.


T-shirt of the day: I don’t play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment