Friday, December 2, 2016

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Today is another overcast day.
The futbol team that lost their lives in the airplane crash Monday night was supposed to play against Atletico Nacional last night.  
Instead the Medellin fans filled the stadium for a candle light vigil.  I understand there were a lot more people outside that couldn’t get in.  The team also asked that the team be awarded the South America cup in absentia.  Very classy. 

I left the apt with Laura at 9:35.  We needed to add minutes to the cell phone but instead of walking 2-3 blocks away she stopped next to the local corner store where we added 40mil.  (I didn’t know there was a closer place to renew minutes on my cell phone.)

Next stop was BanColombia where we found the machine where I pay for my health insurance and apartment rental out of order.  Laura asked and found out that there is one at the other Envigado location.  I noticed they have a new system to access the cashiers – instead of standing in a long line (Disneyland style) you take a number and they have chairs for you to sit in until your number is called.
At the other bank there was a short line but by then I understood I wasn’t going to be back in time for the beginning of the Today show.  However, when it was finally my turn I didn’t have any difficulties making my payments and getting a receipt.

Back at the apt I used my iPad to take a photo of the receipts and emailed them.

Teresa called Martha at Inter-Col to start the process for my new visa and we have an appointment for 3pm tomorrow.

Teresa told me her younger sister Monica is having some problem with her legs and needs medical treatment so all of the brothers & sisters are kicking in 100mil each.

I studied tactics for an hour on Chess Magnet School but didn’t achieve a promotion.  (I did have problems with a couple puzzles.)
Starting about 6:30 we heard a lot of music coming from one of the parks.  It finally stopped about midnight.


T-shirt of the day: Mystique.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, May I ask how much you pay for health insurance? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay 115,000 pesos or about $39 a month.

    ReplyDelete