Friday, December 30, 2016

Thursday, December 29, 2016

I took a 2mg sleeping pill last night and slept well despite getting up a couple times during the night.

It was obvious we had a little rain overnight.

Teresa got me up at 8am and we left the apt at 9am for my 12:30 appointment with immigration.  (No, I have no idea why we needed to leave so early.)  We walked to a busier street where we quickly caught a taxi.  Laura was with us and we dropped her off at Metro Estacion Industriales.

By 9:45 I had my passport with the new Pensionado Visa inside and we were about 3 hours shy of my appointment at the immigration office.

Next door there was a nail salon so Teresa got a manicure for 5,000 pesos and on the other side was a mom & pop bakery so I had a café con leche while I read my Nook and waited for Teresa.

I finished Chesley Sullenberger’s Highest Duty (he was the pilot that landed crippled US Airlines Flight 1549 in New York’s Hudson river) and downloaded Michael Connelly’s The Wrong Side of Goodbye.

 Teresa had a cup of coffee and the ladies from the salon came by and chatted with her.  One of them asked if she could have my blue eyes.  She also asked if I had a son.  I said yes.  She asked, by motioning with her finger, if he was married.  I said no.  She asked if I would introduce her to him.  I asked her age.  She showed me a photo in her cell phone of a famous 60 year old Latina that looked great for her age.  I told her my son is only 30 years old.  Anyway, we had a lot of laughs.

We quickly caught a taxi and at the corner a juggler performed right outside our side window – like just for us.  The light was changing as Teresa dug into her purse for some change but all she came up with was keys and we all laughed about her giving him her keys as we went through the intersection.

We were at the immigration office by 11:30.  At 12:50 it was my turn.  I paid 173,000 (about $58) pesos for my new Cedula, I didn’t have to have new photos or fingerprints taken and we were out of there 20 minutes later.  In a couple weeks I can start looking online to see if my Cedula is ready for pickup.

We took a taxi to a small mall called Great Day where we had lunch at Frisby.  I had the FriSnack and I helped Teresa with her Frischuleta and we shared a bowl of a soup called Ajiaquillo.  It was good, it just seemed like chicken soup with corn niblets.  The total came to 37,200 or about $12.50.

We quickly caught another taxi and were back at the apt by 2:30 for 11,000 pesos.

Teresa’s mother came by about 5:30.

About 6:45 the neighbor stopped by and dropped off 100,000 pesos for her use of my parking spot in the garage.  That will come in handy.

MT left at 9pm.  Laura returned by 9:30.


T-shirt of the day: Arrogant.

No comments:

Post a Comment