Saturday, December 10, 2016

Friday, December 9, 2016

There were more fireworks last night that didn’t help our sleep much.

Teresa needed to go somewhere with her mother so I went alone to the gym.  I did about an hour only missing one leg machine that a couple seemed to be taking turns on for quite some time.

After lunch I walked a few blocks to downtown and after waiting for about 10 minutes for a bus marked Envigado I asked the driver of a Gascuña bus if he was going to Parque Poblado – he said he was.  The bus seemed to take the same route as the other and I got off at the park and walked across the street to MBE where I picked up my December issue of Chess Life magazine.  I also paid 44,900 pesos (about $15) for January’s rental.

I walked 15 minutes up the road to Krispy Kreme where I bought 2 New York Cheesecake donuts to go for the ladies and a sugar donut and café con leche (more coffee, less milk) for me.  I started looking at my magazine while I enjoyed my purchase.

Back outside I walked across the street and up to the bus stop at Oviedo mall where I quickly got a seat on a Sabaneta bus.

Soon sitting in front of me was a man in a Canada hat.  I asked if he spoke English?  He didn’t but said he has children living in Miami, New York, and Canada.

Back at the apt Teresa wanted to exchange one of the two sets of placemats we had bought at Home Center.  Later we walked down and picked up MT and walked to HC.  Teresa stopped at the front desk and learned she wouldn’t be able to exchange the placemats.  That’s when MT told her that in the US people buy clothes, wear them and then return them without any problem.  Teresa couldn’t believe it.

I finally found and bought potato chip bag clips for 6,900 and MT exchanged a light bulb.

We stopped in Exito where we bought an insulated lunchbox for Laura so she can have lunch without having to spend money on restaurants.

I bought 10 slices of mild cheddar cheese for my burgers and 2 package of microwave popcorn for my Sunday games.

We stopped at Bocados Bar where we had a nice late chicken breast dinner.


T-shirt of the day: USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment