Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Last night I took a whole (3mg) sleeping pill and went to bed at 11:30.  I didn’t wake up until 5:30 – yeah!  After a trip to the bathroom I closed the bedroom window (I’m sure with the traffic it would be getting noisy soon) and went back to bed.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30.

Laura left for work at 11am.

I did another 30 minutes on Chess Magnet School.

I left the apt at 2:30 for the 3:30 showing of Passengers (7.0).  (Teresa told me she was too busy to join me.)  I quickly caught a bus in downtown Envigado.  Walking to the back of the bus I saw a young lady with blond hair.  I sat in the seat behind her and asked if she spoke English.  She did.  She’s from New Zealand, is traveling alone, first visited Cartageña, is staying in a hostel in El Poblado, and will be in South America for a year.

In Oviedo I walked past the new Starbucks store.  (It’s now the 3rd in Medellin; I understand the 2nd opened just before it in Santafe mall.)  Almost all the seats were taken but at least there wasn’t a line.

Upstairs I bought a preferred seating ticket for 11,250 (about $4) plus another 2,800 pesos for the 3D glasses (about $1) which I understand I can keep for future use.  Cool!

I sat for a few minutes reading my Nook until 10 minutes before the scheduled start time then got in the refreshment line.  I should have gotten in line earlier because it was Soooo Slow!  When it was finally my turn I bought a medium popcorn (salt, they didn’t have butter) and a large soda for 17,000 pesos (about $3.75).

The movie was good it’s just a shame they give away one of the major plot points in their trailers.  I didn’t see much advantage in the movie being in 3D but sooner or later I think all movies will be in 3D because it’s more realistic.  At one time they only had silent films, then talkies, then color and I think the next commonplace thing is that they should be in 3D.

After the movie I walked a short distance to the elevator which would take me downstairs very close to the Carulla grocery store.  I waited too long – about 5 minutes – with a few other people who spent most of the time on their cell phones.  When the elevator arrived of course we all waited for people to exit the elevator.  Then the woman between me and the door just pushed the down button again and the man on the other side just watched the doors close.  Idiots!

I took the escalator and stairs down to Carulla.  I looked for garlic butter and was told they usually have it but not today.  I did find the package of Borden’s American cheese that Teresa asked me to pick up.

I only had to wait a couple minutes for a bus and even got a seat in back.

I was back at the apt before 6:30.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t fucking touch me.
(This t-shirt was actually "for sale" in a small store; I wonder what demographic this appeals to.)


2 comments: